Chapter 2

When we got to the party, I saw him standing there, alone in the corner. He looked at me and Alizon and wanted us to go to him, so I followed her because I'm kind of an awkward person.

"Ali! It's been too long. How are you? You must be Dalton, I'm Jessie." He was quite friendly.

"Hey queer bait! I miss you and your face. I feel like I haven't seen you since... last week!" Alizon was honestly too sarcastic sometimes. "So this is D Money the guy I was-"

"My name is Dalton, Alizon is the only person who calls me D Money. It makes me sound like some wannabe rapper." Why am I so awkward? Wannabe rapper?! Okay, I'm done talking.

"I'm going to get drinks. Dalton, want something?" He asked.

"I don't drink, thanks though." Great, a party kid.

From the looks of him, he's a country cowboy. He's wearing boots with a cross on the sides, blue jeans that make his butt look amazing, and an LSU tee shirt that's cut from the shoulders down to where his V-line starts. He even has a little hat on, oh boy he's cute. I just hope that he's into me. Ali wouldn't have me meet someone who isn't a good guy, so I knew he has to be good for me. Now I'm regretting that burrito.

"So whatcha' think? You think he's cute or a little too much?" She needs to not sometimes.

"I mean, he's really cute and he's country. We both know how I like country boys!" We kind of have a thing for guys like George Strait and military men, sorry not sorry.

"Oh, Dalton... awkward. He's straight. This is the guy I was telling you about for me. I don't know where Tayler is. Jessie and Tayler are friends, but I don't see him." She sounded kind of annoyed. Now I'm really regretting that burrito.

So now I feel super dumb and this is a sign that I just need to get drunk and forget what just happened. Let's go be stereotype teenagers! "Never speak of this again Alizon, please." I begged.

"You got it. Go find Tayler. Here's a picture of him." She said as she handed me her phone to see his face for the first time. He's here obviously, the picture was taken 3 minutes ago in the backyard.