Chapter 5: Intersecting Destinies

"Use Dragon Paulse!" Silver commanded his dead pokemon. Salamance began to charge up a blue fire directed toward Scorcher.

"Dodge it Scorcher, then use Flame Wheel!" I told him quickly. Salamance shot his powerful Paulse and it hit the ground. Scorcher jumped up just in time. He landed beside me. He got down on all fours. Flames poured out of the ports on his neck. The flames wrapped around him. He charged at the Salamance.

"Meganium, use Frenzy Plant!" Lyra commanded her Meganium. Spiky plant vines rose up out of the ground around Salamance, blocking his escape. Scorcher rammed into him head on.

"Sa...la...mance." He slowly said, falling to the ground.

"No! Ugh...return Salamance! Use teleport Alakazam!" Silver yelled. He sent out another dead pokemon. Alakazam was pure black and dark purple, black eyeless eyes with red pupils. Blood dripped from his eyes. His spoons were cover in crusted blood. Light formed around them and they vanished.

"That...was...easy?" I said confused.

"He probably doesn't have his true team with him. And if he does, he will never get a chance to kill you." Lyra said. I nodded.

"So where to next?" I asked.

"We head to Sinnoh. We will need to talk to Cynthia. She knows most about the legends of Sinnoh's legendaries." Lyra explained. Another flash of lightning lit the sky. "For now let's head to Violet City before it starts to rain." We started to walk east and soon we saw Violet City.

We ran into the pokemon center. It had started to rain right as we walked into the city. Scorcher shook the water from his fur and got us even wetter than we were.

"Let's rest until the storm lets up." Lyra suggested. I nodded and put Scorcher back into his pokeball. Lyra did the same with her Meganium. We walked over to the counter. Nurse Joy took scorcher's ball from me and took Pidgeot's and Meganium's from Lyra.

We walked over to a bench and sat down. Not many were really here. That was somewhat odd, yet most trainers would probably be at other towns with strong trainers. Only new trainers would be here.

Mysterious Pov.

I woke up that morning. My mother was shaking me.

"Get up Star, your going to miss your chance to get your starter. Professor Elm was nice enough to come to Violet City just to give three kids their first pokemon. So get up!" My mother said while shaking me harder. My eyes shot open. My crimson hair was a mess thanks to my mother's waking meathods.

"Alright I'm up." I said with a yawn. I sat up and slid off my bed. I slowly walked over to my closet. I grabbed my black shorts and black t-shirt with a red star on it. I walked over to my dresser and combed my messy hair. My hair lays straight down to my mid back. I grabbed my black toboggan and slid it onto my head. I stared at my reflection. I stared at my light blue eyes. Thay remind me of a pokemon from the Unova region.

"Alright, ready to go!" I said to myself. I ran down the stairs and over to my mother.

"So you're ready. Professor Elm will meet you in the pokemon center. Have a safe trip Star." My mother said as she hugged me.

"Ok, thanks mom. I'll be careful." I said as I walked out the door.

I looked up at the sky, which had grey clouds forming in the distance. Hopefully it doesn't rain today. I began to walk to the center, not that far from my house. I walked through the door and looked around. I saw Professor Elm with two other kids. I walked over to them.

"Sorry I'm late." I said as I scratched the back of my head.

"Well, you missed your chance to choose between Chikorita, Cyndaquil or Totodile. But there is still one left." Elm said.

"Which one is left?" I asked.

"Totodile." He replied.

"Great! Just the one I wanted!" I said as he handed me Totodile's pokeball. "Thanks Professor Elm.

"Your welcome. Now you three be safe while on your Journy." Elm said as he walked out of the center.

"Let's go Jay." The boy said to the girl.

"Ok, Josh." Jay replied. Then they left. I was left alone, unsure of what to do. Lightning flashed outside the window and thunder shook the building. I was shocked by the loud sound. I walked over to the window. The grey clouds from earlier were now over the city. More lightning flashed and thunder boomed. I walked over to a bench and sat down. I'll wait for the storm to pass before I leave.

About an hour later two girls ran into the center, soaking wet. Two pokemon ran in behind them. A Typhlosion and Meganium. They gave some of their pokemon to nurse Joy and sat down on a bench across the room. They seemed to be troubled. I returned my attention to the pokeball in my hand. I want to meet my new partner. I pushed the button and the capsule popped open, releasing a red light that formed into the shape of a Totodile. She looked up at me with her red eyes.

"Totodile!" She announced. I stared at her for a moment, trying to figure out a good nickname.

"It's nice to meet you Totodile. How would you like it if I called you Fang?" I asked her. She nodded in approval.

"Totodile!" She said as she hugged my leg. I picked her up and sat her in my lap. I looked again at the two girls. One looked frightened and shivered slightly. The other wore a grim expression. I noticed a silver glow coming from the girl with a big hat. Fang noticed the glow to. She jumped off my lap and ran over to them.

"Fang, come back!" I called after her. I stood and ran after her.

"Oh! Who are you you cutie?" The girl with the hat said as she picked up Fang.

"Sorry, I just got her today and she doesn't listen well." I said as I stopped in front of the two.

"Don't worry about it. We all have some trouble with our new pokemon." She replied. "I'm Lyra."

"I'm Star. And this is Fang." I said as I took her from Lyra.

"I'm Sharon." The other girl said.

"Sorry again about Fang. We noticed this silver glow coming from you." I explained to Lyra.

"A silver glow?" She said then she began to dig through one of her pockets. She pulled out a silver feather that was glowing brightly. Lightning lit the room.

"What is that?" I asked.

"It's a silver feather. It comes from a legendary pokemon. One that can cause storms if angered. Lugia!" Sharon explained.

Lugia!

"Sorry Sharon, we need to make a detour to Whirl Islands. We need to calm Lugia before it's storm destroys the world." Lyra said.

"Can I come with you. Please!" I begged. They looked at each other.

"Alright, but you need to stay with us." Lyra sighed. I nodded in agreement.

I don't want to miss my chance to meet a legendary pokemon!