Chapter 18

Niall's POV

I held Lian's hand. We were walking in the corridor alone together when suddenly Liam gasped and said "Niall, can you wait a bit? I just forgot my lecture notebook in my previous class.

I shrugged at him and smiled "Sure." Liam kissed me apologetically and scuttled off to wherever his previous class was, while I leaned against one of the lockers and waited for him.

Suddenly, i felt someone move closer to me, just when I thought I was alone.

I turned around, I didn't take a whiff but I could perfectly recognize that smell. The mixed smell of cigarettes and aftershave. "Zayn. What are you doing here?"

Zayn looked at me with sadness filled in his eyes and said "this is my school isn't it? I have every right to be here." I shrugged and decided to just ignore him, so I turned my back on him.

I was taken by surprised when Zayn suddenly pushed me against one of the lockers. He looked me in the eye and I found myself remembering all our memories as I stared into those beautiful brown eyes. Somehow similar to Liam's.

I found myself muttering "Liam" and I can see Zayn's eyes become watery. 

A tear fell down and I remember that time when Zayn cried into my arms until we fell asleep. I remember that time when he cried because no one understood him. Zayn acts like he doesn't care  about what people thinks, but he does. I know he does.

"Why him?" Zayn whispered, loud enough for me to hear. I looked down at the floor, I couldn't help but smirk a bit, thinking of Liam and his bad habit of looking at the floor.

"I don't know Zayn. Tell me then, why Perrie?" Zayn sighed and said "I thought...we were lacking something so I don't know...I went with Perrie."

I felt the tears forming up. I love Liam with all my heart but Zayn and I had something special, he was the type of guy that made you feel the love is real "Then why didn't you just break up with me or tell me sooner?"

Zayn shrugged, his hands dropping down on his sides, I looked up at him as he faced the floor "I really loved you Niall and I still do."

"What about Perrie?" I asked.

"She's probably the biggest mistake I made, no. Letting go of you was the biggest mistake I made."

I sighed and shrugged "there's nothing you can do anymore Zayn. I'm with Liam now."

"Can't you just break up with him and come back to me?" Zayn asked pleadingly.

I shook my head "I love him Zayn, maybe I love him more than you now. Plus I'm trying not to make the same mistake you did."

"What mistake?" Zayn asked, confusiion clear on his face.

"The mistake that thinking I can have two of the people I love at once." and with that I strode off, leaving Zayn gaping at the lockers, letting the guilt eat him alive.

Call me cruel, but I got hurt too you know. Maybe I did easily get back on my feet, i mean, I started dating Liam a few days after the break up but I still lay at night thinking how would things be if Zayn and I were still together.

I owuldn't have met Liam.

I wouldn't have a really adorable boyfriend who tries to be sweet and is successful at it.

Maybe breaking up with Zayn is probably the bes idea I ever had.

Sorry for being cruel.

I looked in every classroom, trying to look for Liam.

Suddenly, someone bumped into me and as i turned around, that someone hugged me and happens to be Liam.

Liam sighed in relief "ohmygod, I thought you left without me." 

I looked at him and said "you were scared of being alone?" Liam shook his head and blushed "No. I was scared of you being alone."

I smiled and pulled Liam closer to me. "Sorry baby, I just got a little impatient."

"It's okay, as long as we're walking home together by the end of the day, everything's fine." Liam said.

I didn't know what came over. I just hugged Liam really tight and started crying on his shoulders.

Liam started stroking my hair "what's wrong?" I sniffed "nothing. I just love you. So much. Please don't forget that, please don't leave me Liam."

Liam started kissing the top of my head and said "I won't. What made you think I ever will?" I looked into his eyes and said "Zayn left me, well, I left him. but still. How'd I know you won't do the same?"

"Look at me Niall, am I Zayn? When you ran off after breaking up with Zayn, didn't I follow you? That's how much I love you. I love you to the point where I actually interact with people whenever they ask me questions about you. I lost my virginity to you. Tell me Niall, can't you see that I really love you?" Liam said, holding my chin, making me look into his eyes.

I sniffed "I love you. I'm sorry that I'm getting annoying but i really love you."

Liam pulled me onto him and kissed me "I love you Niall, you're the one who shouldn't be forgetting that."

As I pulled away, I held his hand and said "let's go home?" Liam smiled.

"Yeah, let's go home."

A/N: I know it's short but I just wanted a lil' drama to happen. Omg don't kill me. :((