Chapter 6

Back with Shaggy, Scooby and the adventure kids, they'd finally gotten out of that horrible Faux Ghost place. 

They were surprised to have run into Patrick out here as he explained to them he was trying to get some answers after his museum had been broken into. 

But their conversation only lasted briefly, when... 

"Shaggy, look" David pointed out, as the gang spotted Wickles in the distance walking off and decided to follow him. 

The cowardly duo and adventure kids soon ended up at the mining company, watching Wickles head towards it while they were spying on him through the bushes. 

David had tried giving everyone code names and signals, although the rest of the adventure kids were annoyed by it. 

"Sure looks like Wickles has led us straight into a terrifying ghost town" Kali mentioned to the gang. 

"Rhost town?" Scooby asked. 

"Yes, a ghost town" Shaggy repeated to his dog. 

Scooby Doo suddenly screamed at the mention of ghosts, making his scream echo through the mine. The kids quickly hid away in the bushes, fearing they'd be spotted by Wickles. 

"Darn bushes yowling at me again" Wickles muttered to himself before going inside. 

After Wickles had gone inside, the kids came out of the bushes and slowly crept up to the door to find out what he was up to. 

"Now Scooby, could you please remember to be quiet" Cynthia asked the talking great dane. 

"Rokay!" Scooby replied. 

The group soon quietly came inside the dark room, but Wickles had seemed to have disappeared. 

"Like, where did Old Man Nutjob go?" Shaggy wondered. 

"I don't know" Brock said. 

"Guys, through here" Teeders whispered, leading them into another room. 

The gang started looking around through the old empty mine, very cautiously and quietly. They soon decided to hold hands so they wouldn't get lost in the dark. 

"Cynthia, did you know that your hand is fairly cold?" David asked, while not even looking. 

"That's not my hand" Cynthia replied. 

David then looked back and saw that it wasn't Cynthia's hand he was holding... It was a skeleton monster! 

Everyone screamed, including the skeleton who fell over to the floor and broke into pieces while the gang made a run for it. 

"Run, guys! It's a "skelly" thing!" Shaggy screamed in panic. 

Scooby then tripped and latched onto a lever which opened up a secret door to an elevator. 

"Way to go, Scoob!" Teeders told the cowardly great dane. 

"Like, let's skedaddle" Shaggy told the gang and they rushed into the elevator before it took them down somewhere. 

Meanwhile, the rest of the Mystery gang had just arrived at the mine themselves to solve this mystery. 

Velma felt miserable after Patrick had left. And Daphne had her own problems on what Heather said about her earlier. 

"Hey," Jane now just noticed their group was smaller. "Where are the kids?" 

"Oh!" Jacob quickly stepped in, sweating while trying to think of a good cover up. "They're at home watching 'Charlie's Happy Unicorn!'"