Sensations

Isabelle awoke to a tingling sensation that brought with it both pain and pleasure.

Confused and deciding that it was simply too early she attempted to brush away the cause of the feeling from where she sensed its presence by her cheek. However, when her fingers rose to swipe whatever it was away she found her hand caught up in the same tingling sensation but this time there were only delightful sparks, no pain.

Groaning as she realised her mind would no longer accept sleep until it knew the cause of these emotions she, resentfully, opened her eyes.

Met with a sight she would happily wake to every morning Izzy, to her embarrassment, found that during the course of the night she had taken to using Drew's chest as her pillow. Now staring directly at his beautifully defined abs she recognised the tingling feeling that she had experienced earlier as his fingers, gently brushing over her skin, the few flecks of pain had originated from the bruise on her cheek that she knew would be there without having to look.

Englas had never had a soft touch.

Relishing for a few more moments in the euphoric feeling of Drew's warm skin against her own Izzy stretched her neck to look up to his head marvelling at the perfect face that was ready to greet her. She had hoped that he was still asleep, perhaps the motion was an unconscious one brought on by a dream of a much prettier woman than she; however Izzy found that her gaze was met with the amused blue orbs of her husband.

"Sleep well?" Drew's voice caressed Isabelle, helping her to feel secure in his presence.

"Very well, thank you and yourself?" She fought the robotic nature of her tone but old habits never died easily and as much as she tried she couldn't completely dispel the feeling that He may suddenly appear from behind the wardrobe and evict her for speaking so callously.

"One of the best night's sleeps I have had in quite some time." Drew replied tangling his fingers with Izzy's, that he had claimed earlier, and dropping a kiss onto her forehead.

"I am sure I can make it even better." Ian's voice sounded from the door making the pair on the bed jump. Drew quickly shifted his hands to Izzy's hips to make sure that she didn't fall off and was delighted to see that she didn't flinch at his sudden touch. He was, however, less impressed to have Ian intruding on their one morning together.

"It is a Sunday Ian."

"And yet the work for our Archangel pair never stops so rise and shine, the whole of Heaven awaits you!" Ian proclaimed far too loudly for Izzy's delicate morning ears as she shrunk further into Drew's hold.

"Don't you have something better to do?" Drew quizzed his annoying friend in a joking manner.

"Nope."

"I'm sure we can find you something." Izzy muttered low enough that no one could hear; her head buried into Drew's chest as she tried to reclaim the serenity with which she woke.

"You two have that visit to Valency in less than two hours; I simply thought that you might appreciate a wakeup call."

"We didn't." Andrew replied but he grudgingly started to move for he knew that if he staying in this bed any longer, curled up with his beautiful wife, he would never leave.

He can't bear to touch you for longer than a few minutes.

You honestly believe he loves you?

Izzy cringed into the pillow left in Drew's wake and wanted to pull it over her face and scream into its feathered depths but she knew that Ian was watching. She couldn't allow her hurt at Drew's actions to show.