Chapter 18

After I gave my statement to the police, I was promised that he was going to be arrested. As soon as I arrived, I called Dom and Sam. That was thirty minutes ago, so they would be here in another hour and thirty minutes. In the meantime, I was sitting in the waiting room alone, and Brian was in surgery.

Brian, can you hear me? I thought to him.

Bella, is that you?

Yeah baby, it's me. I'm so sorry, this is all my fault.

No, it is not your fault. It was the mechanic's fault.

If I hadn't instigated him, then he wouldn't have pulled a gun.

Hey, we BOTH instigated him. If anything, it was my fault for not realizing that he had a gun.

No, it isn't your fault. As you said that, I also realized that it wasn't my fault either. It was the mechanic's fault. Speaking of the mechanic, he is being arrested.

That's good.

Are you okay? Don't lie to me.

I can't feel anything, but I'm really tired.

Then you should rest. I will see you when you wake up.

I walked to the nurse's station and asked if they had any new information on Brian. The nurse said he was doing fine, and should be out in an hour if everything went well. I let Brian know what the nurse said. He didn't reply and I was kind of grateful because that meant he was resting. I saw that I had a text from Dom that said they were almost there. I smiled, I should have realized that with Dom and the family driving that they would get here faster than normal. Sam then texted that they were fifteen minutes away. I responded to Sam and asked if they could please hurry. Five minutes later, my pups and family showed up.

"I thought you guys were fifteen minutes away?" I questioned.

"When you said to hurry, we pushed it." Dom answered.

I hugged my brother. I explained what happened to Brian from the time of the accident until now. I busted out crying and collapsed into the arms of my pups. A little while later a doctor came into the waiting room.

"Family of Brian O'Conner?"

I immediately jumped up and walked over to the doctor.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"Brian is fine. We have him in upstairs resting. I will show you his room in a minute. The surgery went great, no complications or other surprises. I am going to keep him here for a few days for observation. Now if you will follow me, but when you visit only one or two at a time please."

When we reached Brian's room, I went to hold his hand. I felt and hand on my shoulder and it was Sam. I put my other hand on his. I started crying, and I don't know why. I looked to Sam and pleaded with him to make the others wait outside for a minute. Sam knew what my eyes were portraying because a few moments later everyone was shuffling out of the room.

"Brian, I don't know if you can hear me, but I am going to say this anyways. I know your body needs to rest so you can heal, but I need you to wake up. It doesn't have to be right now, but it has to be soon. Maybe if you could talk to me through our link, so I know that you are okay. I'm so scared Bri, I almost lost you, I could still lose you. That's why I need you to wake up or at least talk to me through our link." I pleaded with him.

I quietly asked Sam if he could come in. When he did, I leaped into his arms and continued to cry. Thankfully he didn't ask any questions and just held me.

"What am I going to do?" I questioned.

"I don't know Bells. All you can do is sit and wait for him to wake up." Sam replied.

"What if..." I started, but Sam interrupted.

"No, you aren't going there. Brian will be fine. He has you to fight for. I know you pleaded with him to wake up, but Brian's body and mind needs to rest. I will be here for you and you have the rest of your family outside too."

"Thanks, Sam."

He nodded and let go of me so I can sit next to Brian. I must've fallen asleep, because Dom was shaking me awake. Dom handed me a muffin and some water, he said that I need to take care of myself. I knew he was right so I didn't argue with him, I just took the muffin and ate it like a good girl.

'It's good that you are eating.'

'Brian! It is so good to hear your voice. Are you okay?'

'Yeah I'm good. Are you okay?'

'I was so scared. I almost lost you.'

'I know, but I am still here. I just need a bit more time to open my eyes.'

'And I am going to wait right here next to you. I promise.'

'I know you will. Just take care of yourself please.'

'I will. Now you need to rest.'

'Okay. I love you.'

'I love you too.'

"Brian is fine, he just needs some time to open his eyes he said." I told everyone else.

"That's great Bella!" Mia exclaimed.