Chapter 4

When me and Dom walked in, I jumped of his back and slung my arm around Mia.

"Sleep well?" Leon asked me.

I stuck out my tongue childishly, but nodded yes. I motioned to Mia saying I was hungry. She immediately went to the kitchen to fix me something to eat.

"We left her here with you so you could look after her. And you don't feed her?!?!" Mia quietly yelled as she swatted Dom anywhere she could reach.

"Ow! Mia, stop! She woke up about an hour ago, comes into the garage and we've been working on the engine." Dom replied hastily.

They continued bickering, while I rolled my eyes at them. I decided to text Angela, "Hey Ang. Whatcha doin'?" It wasn't but a couple minutes later that she responded. "Hey Bells. Nothing much. What about you?" I waited a couple seconds before I replied, "Not much. Do you think you could stay with me for a while? I miss you." Before Angela answered, Mia handed me a bowl of soup. I asked her if I could have a friend over for a while, to which she happily agreed. I saw that Angela replied with a yes. I told Angela that I would pay for a plane ticket and pick her up at the airport. She immediately responded, "No, I can't let you pay for a plane ticket." "Too late. Your flight leaves at 4pm tomorrow. So, hurry up and pack." I replied.

~NEXT DAY~

I woke up excited, my best friend was coming! I rushed around getting ready. I decided on my black leather pants, a red V-neck t-shirt, and my black leather heels. For my makeup I did my basic foundation, concealer, and press powder, did a thick black winged eyeliner, a little bit of blush, and red lipstick. My hair I let down in loose curls. As I looked into the mirror I felt like something was missing. I ran into Dom's room and grabbed his black leather jacket. I felt absolutely beautiful. I went downstairs for breakfast. As I walked into the kitchen I saw their jaws drop.

Dom was the first to speak up, "Is that my jacket?" I nodded my head slightly.

"You look gorgeous chica!" Letty exclaimed. I nodded my head in thanks.

I grabbed a yogurt and reminded everyone that Mia and I will be picking up Angela at 5:30 this evening. Dom said he was going with us. I nodded my head, knowing that there was no point in arguing with him. After breakfast I went on a drive. Promising to be back by lunch.

It's lunchtime and I pulled into the driveway. That drive was amazing, the scenery, the cool breeze, and just the peace of it all. I drove to Malibu to see the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Areas. As I walking into the house I immediately smelled macaroni and cheese. I walked into the kitchen seeing Mia with her back turned. I smiled a very Cheshire Cat-like smile. I tiptoed up to her and quickly put my hands in her arms. She immediately shrieked and jumped so high. If I could laugh out loud I would've.

"Jesus Bells! Don't scare me like that!" Mia yelled.

Jesse then walked in and rolled his eyes, "Did you scare her Bells?" I nodded my head yes, still 'laughing'. I set a timer on my phone for 2 hours to take a nap. When I woke up I went out to the garage to work on a design for, hopefully, my new car. I finished the rough draft before heading inside to get ready to go pick up Angela. All I had to do was touch up my makeup and curl my hair again. I texted Dom and Mia telling them to get ready because we would have to leave in a bit to go pick up Angela soon. We left around 5 o'clock so we took our time, we arrived at the airport around 5:20. Mia held a sign with Ang's name on it, and Dom had his arm around my shoulders. I knew he was tense and a little more protective of me because of Edward's attack at the house 2 days ago. I was worried too. What if he came after me again? What if he killed me? I tried to push these thoughts out of my head. I turned around and hugged Dom really tight. I got out my phone and text him my thoughts.

"That's not going to happen. I won't let him come anywhere near you again." Dom replied sternly.

I just nodded and turned around to lean into him while searching for Angela. About 5 minutes later I spotted her. I immediately perked up, bouncing with excitement. Dom chuckled at my antics, but I didn't care. I was happy to see my best friend.