열셋

Pulling the car into a parking space in the parking garage next to the music studios office building. Ashton sighed, getting out of the car and looking at the expensive vehicles that were also parked in various parking spaces. Too many of them were Mercedes, too many of them were Audi's.

He opened the passenger side door, looking at Luke with a kind expression. Helping the pianist out of the vehicle, hugging him.
"We're here okay?" He said softly, holding Luke's hand as he guided him towards the elevator. "What floor?"

Luke moved forward and pressed the number three button, it lit up and the elevator chimed. The steel doors shutting. "What if they fire me? This is a PR nightmare Ashton- it almost makes me wish..."

"Makes you wish what?" The punk asked, caressing Luke's cheek, not even caring that the elevator chimed and the steel doors opened up, revealing a nice looking reception room. It was surrounded by tall windows and had very minimalist vibes. The floors were grey but had the occasional white carpet on them. A grand paneled receptionist desk in the middle, with a woman who seemed way too bored to be sitting behind the desk. Various succulents were on nearby grey tables around the room, which had black chairs around them. Magazines on the tables, as well as an espresso machine nearby.

Luke never finished answering Ashton's question, pretending that the punk hadn't asked it. His mind was foggy, and he was in no state to he thinking of such things especially with this disaster going on. "This is Ashton, he's with me Caroline," the blonde stared, crossing his arms as he looked at the blonde receptionist. She was chewing gum, her ocean eyes only glancing at the men before her. While she was young, her father was a big shot in the league of corporations. Owned a multi-million dollar company, and knowing this- Caroline took advantage of her position no matter how small.

"Mr. Reich isn't too happy to see you Luke, and I bet having that guy you cheated on Arz with isn't going to make him any happier," Caroline muttered, blowing a bright bubble gum pink bubble, and popping it with her freshly navy manicured nails.

She was Arzaylea's friend, and Luke had not an ounce of trust in her. "Just let us in."

Caroline remained silent, however, you can sense the smirk she was wearing on her stupid face. She pressed a button on her side causing a nearby one-sided mirror-door to open. Luke walked through it, Ashton holding his hand and walking behind him.

"Mr. Rein-," Luke began, instantly being cut off by the chubby man, his black suit not enough to hold in the fat he bragged about. His bald head shining due to the sunlight coming in from the grand windows.

The chubby stormed up to Luke, his face shoved up into his allowing him to see every detail including the last freckle on the tip of his nose. "You know how big of a mess this is going to be!? And you bring your stupid booty call into my office- Luke I won't fucking stand for this. You and Arzaylea were perfect okay? The media loved you two, and now she's spouting out all these statements saying you beat her, you slapped her, you came home drunk most days. Do you understand just how bad this is!?"

Luke shut his mouth going silent, Ashton quickly moving to step before him and hold his hand out in front of himself as if he were a crossing guard.

"You are to break up with this," Mr. Rein pointed at Ashton furiously, "or you simply are going to be out of a record label. Let's be honest Luke, the piano isn't that popular nowadays- we're the only label who is going to hire you, especially after this scandal. I'm giving you a chance here Luke, don't you remember how hard you worked to get here, and you're going to just throw it all away for some guy."

Staring at the chubby man, Luke felt like his world was crashing into him like a tsunami. Everything was happening so fast, and had he been prepared for this- maybe he could've done something to change it. Biting his lip, "Please allow me time to think about this sir."

"No, if you are to make a decision like this time is not important- time to what? Ask Mr. Tattoos over here, no Luke. Don't ruin your future, I have hopes for you kid." 

Luke sighed, "I suppose Ashton and I will have to break up," He said softly, the emotions and thoughts racing through Ashton's head made obvious just by the aura he seemed to radiate. His body turning to look at Luke with a shocked expression. 

"You can't mean that," He whispered, holding Luke's hands ever so gently, and ignoring everything else around them. 

"He's right Ashton, I worked so hard for this- so many years and now I'm going to lose it all for some relationship I just got into?" Tears ran down his cheeks, and it felt like his heart with tearing in two, but he had to think realistically about this. 

Ashton closed his mouth, pulling completely away from Luke, and staring at him with eyes which were once warm and filled with love, but were now cold. He walked away, opened the door and walking out. Hearing the receptionist laughing, for she predicted this was going to happen. Since Luke had been able to, he has been striving to be the best pianist player out there, how could he just dump his dreams for a love which had already caused enough chaos in his life. Maybe the fact of the matter was, that his life would be best lived alone. Predictability is the key to success is it not? Or is he just too scared of the future and what it can hold, that he would decide to leave the first true love of his life? 

Falling to his knees, the pianist wept in the middle of his manager's office. The chubby man grinning and laughing in glee at Luke's answer while his client was being torn apart at the seams mentally. "May only the best happen to you," He said softly, looking at the ground before him. Knowing that Ashton was leaving, and this may have been the final chance the punk would be giving him. The final time he would be allowing the ocean eyed musician to break his art. 

"Now we need to clean up this PR mess, it will all mostly away within a few weeks. You are to lay low, find a new place to live and keep yourself out of everybody's business. After that, we can start the recovery interviews, but for now, it is all far too intense." Mr. Rein stated, ushering for Luke to get his feet. The blonde pushing his knees forward and placing his palms flat against the ground. Pushing his body up, and looking at the man with a haze of tears blurring his vision. 

"I will." 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

This chapter is sad, the next chapter is the epilogue. 
Thank you for reading
Vote + comment
I love you all
~Jess