10. Bullshit

Chapter - 10

LOVE IS... BULLSHIT

'I love you is eight letters... and so is bullshit.'

"I really can't understand your love towards your beard. You could have shaved, but no, you've to spoil this meeting. You look like an ape, Ashton, an ape," I told him, glaring at him while he drove towards the restaurant where we were supposed to meet the second girl of this assignment - Audrey Hocking.

"I look like a sexy beast, Liana, sexy beast. Not an ape," he corrected me, shooting a smug look in my direction.

A heavy sigh escaped my lips and I asked him, "You don't understand my point, do you?"

"Honestly, I don't want to." He shrugged his shoulders, moving the steering wheel as he took a left turn.

Throwing my head back in frustration, I closed my eyes and waited for our destination. There was just no use of talking to Ashton. After enjoying my misery by locking me outside his apartment for about ten minutes, he had finally decided to open the door and welcome me inside. I had thanked him with a hateful glare that had resulted in tremendous increase in his smirk.

But I was no less. I had to wipe that smirk off his face. So, I had announced about our next meeting with the next prospect for Ashton. And yes, I was successful.

One moment he was so rude and mean, the next moment he was a huge pervert and passing ridiculous comments at me, then he was funny and the next moment, again rude. He was probably much more moody than a hundred girls on their menstrual cycles put together in a room.

Imagine that!

Suddenly, the car jerked forward as he applied sudden breaks. Thankfully, I was wearing seatbelt and abiding by the traffic rules. I opened my tightly shut eyes only to glare at him and found him looking at me with a huge smirk on his face; his irritating smirk. "Rise and shine, sunshine," he said, dead panned and moved out of the car. That's when I noticed that we had reached the restaurant.

Taking deep breaths, I tried to calm myself and tried to ignore Ashton's irritating behavior for some time. I had to do this for the scheduled meeting. My phone rang and I picked it up after looking at the name of the person calling me.

"Hi, Liana, where are you both? I've already reached. Just tell the Manager your name and he'll make sure to escort you both in my booth," Audrey babbled from the other side, even before I could respond to the first part of her conversation.

"Hi and sure," I answered all her answers in three words and with that she cancelled the phone.

I threw my phone back in my bag and got out of the car, much to Ashton's relief as could be seen from his expressions. "And you call me lazy?" He raised his eyebrows at me and I decided not to answer him.

We started moving towards the restaurant and I wondered if Audrey was the 'one' for Ashton. Unlike the last meeting with Brittany, I had planned this meeting beforehand. Even though I couldn't deny that that surprise meeting was fruitful and eventful. In case of Audrey, I had made it a point to do a little research on social networking sites about her. And one thing I had concluded at the end of my research was that she was a 'selfie freak'. Her Instagram and Facebook accounts were flooded with her selfie pictures and honestly, they were very tiring to look at after a certain point. She was, undoubtedly, very pretty as I could see in the pictures. But I wasn't sure if she was stupid enough to fall in love with a devil like Ashton Parker. It's a different matter that she had shown deep interest in meeting Ashton. She was, what I believed, a sucker for his Bad-boy image or probably it was the name and fame that he carried along with him. Whatever it was, I had to see that no girl gets taken advantage of by Ashton. He was a huge pervert and I had to make sure that no girl feels uncomfortable around him. It was a completely different matter if the girl herself wants to feel uncomfortable; completely different matter.