5

The elevator dinged, indicating that it had reached the lobby. Hyun Ae walked out of the elevator and was about to look around the area when she saw Jungkook standing not far from the receptionist area, waiting for her.

"Oh," she called out, approaching him while taking a glance at her watch. "You're early."

"Haha, is it really surprising?" he chuckled, taking off his fashion glasses.

"As if I never watch BANGTAN BOMB. You're the one who always sleeps almost everywhere," she stated in a soft voice, giving the maknae a smirk.

"Well, since I'm going out with you, I should be early, shouldn't I?" he chuckled, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Let's have breakfast."

~

"How come you're so confident going out like this? I mean, no face mask, your significant bucket hat?" Hyun Ae asked as they walked around in a nearby park that had much lesser people. Only a few elders could be seen walking around the park.

"Nah... I'm more comfortable going out like this if it's with someone I know. Except with the hyungs. I mean hahahaha..." Jungkook let out a nervous laugh, scratching the back of his neck. "If I'm going out with them, a high chance we'll be chased down again."

"But this is also getting the chance to be chased down."

"If it happens, let's run together then."

"As if. I would act as if nothing happens and leave you alone."

"Okay, that's cruel," Jungkook stopped in his tracks, pouting as he turned at her and crossed his arms over his chest. "Like always, noona."

Sighing, Hyun Ae pulled one of his arms and hooked hers around it as they continued to walk. "So, you said you wanna talk with me? About what?"

"After that day, where did you go?" he began in a low voice, looking out at the sky. "At times when I go back to Busan, I just couldn't find you," he said, turning at her and they stopped walking; now facing each other. "I went to your house, but I only met your family."

"Haha. When did you come back?" Hyun Ae asked, with a knowing grin. "Three years after your debut, right? I already left the country. You never asked my family about my whereabouts?"

"But they didn't tell me specifically. They just told me, that you were not home for a long time."

"Hah... mom and dad," she chuckled, pushing strands of her hair behind her ear before she proceeded. "I went to Vancouver to further my studies. And to distract me from worrying about you a lot."

With a weak smile, she began to continue to walk, little step by step as Jungkook followed her from behind. "You see, you're like my little brother, and as someone who grew up with you, I was worried. A lot. I never thought that you would visit Busan again because since you entered Big Hit, I never heard anything from you, until now. For seven years, Jungkook ah."

She stopped, her back still facing the idol, and he noticed her shoulders slumped down with a sigh. "That was when I decided that I need to do something. Something that might help me in clearing my head," she said, turning at him and smiling with hands in her jacket's side pockets as she continued to walk backward.

Jungkook could only give her a smile, a weak smile filled with guilty he had towards the old friend. His eyes looked soft as they met the cheerful ones of Hyun Ae's before she suddenly came up to him and patted his head.

"Hey, we shouldn't talk about this, because it was all in the past. Now, we met again. Don't you feel happy?" she whispered, giggling as she still patted his head softly.