15 - "To Capture, My Soul" by DarkElementsXo

"To Capture, My Soul" by DarkElementsXo http://www.wattpad.com/story/1773778-to-capture-my-soul

Critique by @SandraLopez

     The plot of the story is a good one- there is a mixture of the supernatural elements that make this story a different read and not just an everyday story about vampires like the ones we see here on Wattpad most of the time. In this story we see both the good side to vampires and the horrific side to their nature. I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that the author didn't stick to the oh-so-cliché of having only one or two supernatural elements, but involved many mythical creatures which have inspired our imaginations.

     However, some of her sentence constructions need work, and sometimes it is unclear of what she is trying to get across. Her characters need a bit more development so that they appear more three-dimensional, to give the reader a feel of what they are truly like and not as if they were reading something off a script.

     Though I found no spelling mistakes, which is a huge plus for me, I found that  some of the grammar was a bit misused, and sometimes the story doesn't seem to flow because of it. Some of the things that happen in the beginning of the story need more detail to make the story come to life in my eyes; however, the description of some of the characters such as India are spot on and I can see her in my mind, which is what I would like to see in the stories I read.

     In spite of the faults I have found, I find myself going back to the story, wanting to know what would happen next with Sarina, wanting to know what else would lie ahead of her.