Chapter 17

Jennie's POV

It had been nearly 8 months since Lisa left me crying on her bedroom floor. The first week was absolutely horrendous. I would watch her stumble out into the night drunk and heartbroken. I was angry with her then. Not anymore.

She was right. We had to stop. I left Thailand shortly after Lisa ended things between us. I couldn't be around her . She had become moody and extremely self destructive. I couldn't handle it. My heart was broken and I couldn't stand to watch as she slowly destroyed herself. I left without saying goodbye. It was for the best.

Once I told Jin about the baby, he was ecstatic. I reconnected with him and found the love that I had been missing. He never knew any different. I finally had my perfect marriage. He took care of me and loved me unconditionally. When I was with him, I almost forgot about Lisa. Almost. I was always going to carry a part of her with me. She would always be my secret. A love that I could never have. She deserved way more than I gave her. I never told her that I loved her. And I did. I loved her so much that it was insane but she would never know. That was the hardest part of it all for me. I wanted her to know so badly, but it was too late. I had moved on.

Rosé and Taehyung had gotten married a couple months ago. Their wedding was very similar to Jin and mine. It was held at their mansion at Thailand. I saw Lisa but she wouldn't talk to me. She seemed to be doing okay. Rosé told me that she had been extremely shut off lately. I missed her, but it was a dull ache. Time was slowly healing my heart and I was grateful. I rarely thought about her at all anymore.

Jin had become my sole focus these past few months. I felt like I had fallen in love with him all over again. Without even realising it, he helped heal the heartbreak his sister left me with. Once again he became everything I had ever wanted.

I smiled as I watched him putting the baby's crib together. His forehead was scrunched in concentration. He looked like he was attempting to solve the mystery of how the universe was created.

"I feel like I'm performing brain surgery" He pouted as he attempted to fit the pieces together.

"Babe, you went to one of the biggest universities in New Zealand. You'll manage" I laughed.

"Somehow I doubt that my education and degrees are going to save me right now"

"I believe in you" I said trying to sound serious. Our conversation was interrupted by my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I said into the receiver.

"Jendeukie!" It was Rosé.

"Hey Chaeng! How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great. Just wanted to check up on you and Jin" She spoke. "And of course, the baby"

"We're good. Just anxious for the baby to be born"

"You and me both!" She happily exclaimed.

"How's Tae?" I asked.

"He's good. He's been working a lot. Lisa has been back and forth between Thailand and Seoul a lot lately, so his workload is heavier" She told me.

I swallowed at the mention of Lisa's name. "She must be recording or something"

"I don't think so..." She said trailing off. "Anyways, when are you guys going to be coming down here?"

"Probably a few months after the baby is born. We want to get adjusted and then bring the baby out so the family can spend time with him or her" I smiled.

"I'm so excited!" Rosé gushed.

"We are too" I said.

"I hate to cut this short Jen, but I need to get back to cleaning the house so I can go out later for shopping. It's going to be a long day for me." She told me.