Chapter 9

Jennie's POV

As I walked into the house, I felt like crying. I said goodnight to the girls and headed towards my room. Jin was thankfully asleep by then. I went into the bathroom and peeled off my dress. I turned on the shower and climbed in, in an attempt to wash all my indiscretions away. I sank to the the tiled floor and cried as the water pelted my skin. I felt so ashamed.

I knew I was slowly falling for Lisa. The more she let me in, the more I wanted. There was just one complication : I was marrying her brother and despite everything that had happened, I still actually did love him.

I got out of the shower and wiped the condensation on the mirror. I barely recognised the woman staring back at me.

"Shit" I muttered when I saw the marks she had left behind.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I walked into Jin and mine room and climbed into bed. I ran my fingertips against his cheek and kissed him softly. He started to wake.

"Hey baby" I whispered. "I missed you"

He responded by kissing me again. I felt him roll on top of me and for a few moments, I had completely forgotten about what had happened between Lisa and I. He fell back asleep on my chest in a while. I laid there stroking his hair and back. He was one of the most amazing people I knew. I was lucky that he wanted to marry me. However, a part of me also knew that I didn't deserve him.

I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

-----------

As I helped Carol prepare breakfast, I couldn't help but feel happy. Slowly but surely, the family started to come into the kitchen. Taehyung came in first as he was always an early riser. He had a goofy smile on his face as usual. Lisa came down next. She looked like she hadn't slept at all.

She held the door of the fridge open and took out the orange juice. She then proceeded to grab a glass and poured herself some juice.

"Morning fam" She spoke.

"Good morning Lis" Taehyung smiled brightly.

"Did you get any sleep?" I asked her.

"Not really. You?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes" I answered.

"Well, I'm glad one of us can rest our-"

"Good morning!" Jin interrupted, greeting us cheerfully.

I was thankful that he came down when he did. There's no telling what she was going to say. He walked over and kissed me. Lisa rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Morning" I smiled at him.

"Hey oppa" Lisa spoke.

"Lis" Jin smiled.

I saw the guilt flicker in her eyes.

"Oh, did I leave these marks last time? I'm sorry baby" Jin said with a grin.

I shot Lisa a glare when she started to laugh loudly. "This is awesome!" She laughed more before walking out of the kitchen.

"What the hell?" Taehyung asked, confused.

"I don't know" I answered sighing.

"Well it's Lisa. She tends on not making sense a lot of times" Jin laughed lightly.

Breakfast was quite hectic. Between the Manoban family, and my friends and family, the house was packed. Once dinner was finished, the rest of the day was spent in preparations for the rehearsal dinner tonight. Jin and Taehyung had went out to do some last minute tux alterations and my parents went with them. It was just me and the girls. Yeri and Jisoo were both napping while Rosé kept me company.