Chapter 1

Sting and Rogue were heading back to their guild along with Lecter and Frosch.

“Too bad the Salamander isn’t around anymore,” Sting said, “I could really use a good fight. We’ve haven’t had one in ages.”

“I couldn’t care less,” Rogue replied monotonously.

“Don’t try to act all cool; it has always been our dream to put him and Gajeel in their place,” Sting pointed out.

“They’re long gone now, and have been for seven years,” Rogue said, hoping he would drop it.

“Well if they were still around, you could totally take ‘em down, Sting!” Lecter said brightly, “after all, you’re the strongest Dragon Slayer that’s ever lived!”

“You got that right!” Sting said, getting all pumped up. Rogue just sighed irritably and kept walking - until he realized he hadn’t heard something in a while. A something in a frog suit.

“Where’s Frosch?!” They looked around and didn’t see him anywhere.

“Frosch! Where are you?!” Rogue called desperately. His previously emotionless demeanor had vanished.

“This had happened way too many times,” Sting sighed. They backtracked to a small village they had just passed, and luckily, found Frosch within fifteen minutes. He and a small boy with blue-tipped blond hair were playing with plastic jumping frogs.

“Rogue! Aren’t these neat?” Frosch giggled. Rogue hugged Frosch and glared at the boy.

“What did you think you were doing?” he demanded.

“We were just playing, mister,” the boy replied.

“Do you have any idea how hard it is to track down a cat?!” Sting joined.

“Excuse me, is there a problem?” a girl’s voice asked. They turned to see a girl about their age with a pink leather jacket, blue jeans and a pink newsboy cap and a boy about fifteen with purple-tinted glasses, a wrinkled purple dress shirt, and gray jeans. Both of them also had blond hair with blue tips.

“You stay out of this!” Sting sneered.

“Kinda hard, since you’re picking on our brother,” the boy said.

“You wanna fight?!”

“Is that a challenge?” the girl smiled. Lecter and Frosch retreated a short distance away, knowing what was about to happen.

“Rogue?”

“Right!” They charged at the blond kids (all three because the youngest decided to help).

“SHADOW DRAGON… SLASH!” Rogue attacked the older boy, who simply deflected the attack - without directly touching it.

“WHITE DRAGON… IRON FIST!” Sting went for the girl, but she dodged it and kicked him down.

“What the-” Sting couldn’t believe it. The girl was hovering in the air!

“SKY ANGEL… STAFF!” A staff of air materialized in her hands, and she knocked Sting down again. Rogue was having similar problems with the boy.

“AURA ANGEL… PULSE!” A strange power forced Rogue back.

“EARTH ANGEL… AVALANCHE!” The youngest boy’s attack hit both of them.

“They’re tougher than they look,” Rogue muttered to Sting.

“Yeah, they might even be strong enough to join Saber Tooth,” Sting agreed.