Chapter 5

Mel's POV

The blaring of my alarm woke me up. I groaned as I stumbled out of my bed. I had gotten here shortly before 5am, breaking quite a few speed limit laws in the process. I clicked my alarm off and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I had 1 hour to shower, get dressed, check out of the hotel, get breakfast and make it to the festival grounds. They hadn't let me know what time I was playing, I would find out when I got there.

I did all that I needed to do, pulling on a pair of knee length capris and some random t-shirt before handing my keys to the sleepy woman at the front desk. She looked even more tired than I did. She was awake when I got here too so I assumed she had the night shift, which apparently stretched to the morning.

I got in my car and drove, intending to go straight to the festival grounds but as I passed by one Starbucks and then another I decided that stopping for tea wouldn't make me late and I hadn't had my daily cup of tea yet.

I walked right up to the counter, thankful that the place was almost empty.

"Hi there, can I have a tall green tea?"

"Yup, it'll be ready in five minutes." The guy behind the counter disappeared to get some things to make my drink.

"Green tea, huh? Quite the healthy drink," I heard someone remark behind me. I turned around and saw Ian standing there.

"Ian! What are you doing here?"

"Getting drinks for the rest of the guys. They're too lazy to come get it for themselves. I'm also the only morning person in the band."

"Ah, okay," I said. I didn't want to fall into an awkward silence with him. He placed his drink orders with the guy who had returned to the register, then he turned back and faced me.

"So..." he began

"So..."

"What brilliant conversationalists we are." We laughed at that. Usually I was really good at striking conversations with others but I guess I was a little starstruck, after all he did play in my favourite band. The guy behind the counter told me my drink was ready. I paid for it and turned back to Ian.

"Mayhaps we shall continue with this conversation at the festival today, Sir Casselman?"

"Indeed good ma'am Melissa. I look forward to it. I shall see you within the hour. Good day fair mademoiselle."

"Good day to you too, kind sir." I half curtsied before walking out, seeing Ian shaking his head and smiling.

Ian's POV

She was quite entertaining. It was nice to be another person who could actually tolerate the morning, unlike the rest of my band members who were barely human before their daily dose of caffeine. I left the place, drinks in hand, when I felt my phone buzz with a text. It was from Mike.

What's taking you so long?? We're dying here! Brett says he's going to kick your ass if you don't hurry up.

I replied: Don't get your panties in a knot, I'll be there in 10 minutes.

I walked a little faster to where we had parked the bus, it was a short distance from the festival. I opened the door and handed the guys their drinks. Mike was gracious, thanking me, while Brett was an asshole and asked me why it took so long.

"Shut up Brett," I took a sip of my coffee. "I was talking to Mel."

"Mel's here? Hooray, I have someone I can spend time with instead of you losers!"

"Hey, what about me?" Matt piped up just as he was coming to the front where we were.

"Sorry Matt, my love for you only extends so far. I've been stuck touring with you guys forever! Can I have my freedom yet?"