Chapter 1

A/N: Well, this is the first chapter of my fic. Please leave comments if you read it, even if you hate it. More of the Marianas boys will show up soon, I promise.

Chapter 1

I nervously tugged down the hem of my summer dress and took a few deep breaths as I prepared to go on stage. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Brett’s sunglasses covered face. He took off his sunglasses and said

“Listen, don’t worry about it. Okay? You’ll be fine.”

“Thanks Brett,” I replied as he put his sunglasses back on and walked away. I had met the Marianas Trench guitar tech earlier when I had broken a guitar string and let loose a few choice words. He had helped me replace the broken string and I found him to be very likeable. I picked up my guitar now and strode out to center stage and gently tapped the microphone. Speaking into I said, “testing, testing”. The crowd replied back “I’m just suggesting” and I smiled to myself. Of course they would all jump to that, the majority of the crowd were trenchers and were here to see Marianas Trench perform later on.

“I see there’s a lot of trenchers here” I screamed out to them. The crowd answered back loudly, many of them instantly going into a fangirl panic at just the mention of them. I smiled again. I was a trencher myself and had an extreme fangirl episode, complete with tears and flailing, when I had found out that I would be opening for Marianas Trench. Well…not exactly opening as there were several other bands and musicians who would perform between me and them but still, I was on the same stage they would later occupy.

“Well they’ll be here soon enough but until then you have to listen to me play. Or you could go somewhere else and come back later. Or I guess you could tune me out but I prefer it if you stay here and listen.” There was a small amount of laughter from the crowd at that. But at some of the other festivals and shows I’d played people had left and then come back when the artist they wanted to hear began playing. I began absently strumming my acoustic guitar, picking at it while I tried to remember what songs I was going to play. Now I realized why bands had a setlist. Oh Well.

“This first song is called That is All and it’s one of my originals, so I hope you enjoy it. And, uh yeah, here it goes” I took a small step back from the mic, playing the intro to the song. I stepped back towards the mic and started singing.

verse 1

There are things I wish you knew

things I’ve been meaning to tell you

but now you’ve turned around

and walked away

I guess it was too late right then

I wish we could start again

but i know that now

its just not right

chorus

And I know that someday I’ll see you again

And maybe that day will be the one where I tell you that

everytime i see your face, everytime i see your smile

I want to freeze that moment in time

everytime you looked at me, you really made me see

that sometimes things are perfect just as they are

verse 2

You came back that autumn night

and we lay outside til half past nine

and i wished right then upon

a falling star