Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Mel's POV

Adam and I made our way to the side of the stage. He held my hand as he flashed a pass at the security guard. I was practically bouncing with excitement. Adam turned and smiled at my enthusiasm. I could see Brett on stage doing soundcheck. There were fans screaming his name. I forgot how hardcore Trenchers were, they knew everything. It could be intimidating so I never got very involved in the fanbase.

"Alright, so most of the time I'll be walking around the stage taking pictures. Sorry to ditch you here but at least you have the best spot in this place."

"This is more than I could ever dream about. Thank you so much Adam. For a guy I just met today, you're already very high on my favourite people list."

"There's a list? And I'm not already first on it? I'm upset now," Adam said in mock indignation. I laughed for what seemed like the millionth time that day due to him.

"Your very quickly climbing this list, don't worry about it. I'm sad that I have to drive away at the end of the day and leave you here. Any chance I can kidnap you?"

"I wish. A vacation from Halifax would be nice, but sadly I'm stuck here for a while. It's a true tragedy." He wiped away a fake tear. "But we definitely need to keep in contact. I have your twitter, you have mine."

"I do?"

"It's on the card I gave you. Keep me updated on your glamorous tour life."

"And you keep me updated on your glamorous concert critic and photography life. Now go take some pictures of the soundcheck before Brett finishes it."

"Will do. Don't leave before I come back okay?"

"Okie-dokie"

"Okie -dokie? Does anyone say that anymore?"

"Ugh, sorry. I spent way too much time around younger kids at one of my jobs. Kids still say okie-dokie, you know."

"I do now." And with that he waved as he went to take pictures of Brett doing soundcheck. Those were sure to be exciting pictures as he wasn't taking it very seriously and at the moment was dancing around stage imitating the guys.

I laughed at Brett and looked around me. There were other techs and tour managers running around. A couple of people milling about, though I had no idea who they were. And there in a huddle near the stage, the boys of Marianas Trench. I don't know how I didn't notice them before.

I could see Josh, towering over the other guys, Mike laughing at some joke Matt had just told and Ian sitting on some boxes shaking his head at whatever Matt had just said. He looked up and looked right at me, or it seemed like he was looking right at me.

Ian's POV

Matt and his jokes were sometimes just plain awkward instead of awkward and funny. I shook my head at his latest story, something involving non-non's and lawnmowers. I looked up and saw her. Mel. I had been meaning to talk to her all day and now she was right there. The show didn't start for another 15 minutes so I  decided now would be a great time to introduce myself.

"I'll be right back guys." I moved past Josh who yelled to me that the show was going to start soon. It's not like I was going anywhere really far.

I made my way over to her. She was trying to stay out of the way everyone hustling and bustling.

"Hi" She looked up at me, wide eyed in surprise. Her face split into a grin as she said hi.

" Umm..I'm Ian."