3. Red Hoodie

I woke up, and let me tell you; my head was throbbing.  I could barely keep my eyes open for more than a second, but when I did I didn’t recognize my surroundings.

Once I was finally conscious enough, all of the images of last night flooded my brain. I didn’t remember exactly what happened, but I do remember being carried off by someone other than my “date”.

“Hey” I heard a deep voice interrupt my thoughts.

Ed’s P.O.V

Last night I decided to go out with a couple of friends to that new club that just opened up. The night was going pretty good. Well, pretty good until I witnessed a girl get roofied, by what looked to be her boyfriend. I couldn’t just stand there and watch it happen. Who knows what his plan was after she was passed out.

I ended up walking over there and yelling at him. He obviously didn’t care, so he left. I couldn’t just leave the poor girl there. She couldn’t even stand. So I brought her back here and let her sleep on my sofa. Harmless, right?

            The next morning I was in the kitchen getting some tea and heard some movement in the next room, so I walked in saw she was up. I didn’t really know what to say, because she didn’t know who I was, and vice versa.

            “Hey” I finally spat as I stood in the doorway. She snapped her head up at me with confused eyes. As the light shined through the window above her, I noticed how…beautiful she was. Even after just waking up.

            “Uh…hey.” She finally said back. I could tell she was really confused, as of why she woke up on my sofa.

            “You’re probably wondering why you’re here, right?” I honestly didn’t know how I was going to explain this to her. The whole story was pretty messed up.

            “That would be helpful” She replied. I sighed before explaining.

            “Well…” I began. “Your boyfriend-“

“He’s not my boyfriend” She cut me off.

“Oh…well that’s probably a good thing”

“Why?”

“Because he put something in your drink last night, and you passed out”

“Figures” She mumbled barely audible. Did she even care? She could have been date raped! Or worse!

“You don’t sound surprised” I said.

“I’m not”

At that point, I didn’t know what to say.

Your P.O.V

I could tell he looked confused. I made him think it wasn’t a big deal that I was drugged by my date, and that I could have been raped. Well, I was a good liar. I was freaking out on the inside. Once I was alone, I would probably cry…for a few days. But that’s just what I do. I bottle things up and wait for the perfect time to let everything come out.

After a few seconds of awkward silence between us, he stuck out his hand to introduce himself.

“I’m Ed” He said while giving me a smile. I stood up and took his hand while looking into his eyes. His beautiful eyes.

As I was staring into his eyes, he looked at me expectantly. Oh, right…my name.

“I’m (Y/N)” I replied letting go of his hand. As I dropped my hand, I noticed I was wearing something that I wasn’t wearing last night. A red hoodie.

“Is this yours?” I asked lightly pulling the fabric of the hoodie. I almost didn’t want him to claim it. It was so warm and comfortable, even though it was way too big for me.

“Uh…yeah” he said biting his lip. “You seemed cold last night” he added. I could feel my cheeks get warm. I honestly could not recall a time when a boy lent me his hoodie, or even offered it. I mean, it was probably nothing. He probably just didn’t want me to freeze to death.

“Thanks” I said softly, hoping he didn’t notice cheeks were the same color of his hoodie. He just gave me a small smile and shoved his hands in his pockets.

My phone started buzzing and I quickly pulled it out. 15 texts and 10 missed calls…all from Charlotte. “Shit” I cursed under my breath.

“Is everything alright?” Ed asked. Concern filling his beautiful blue eyes. I shook my head away from his eyes. I could probably get lost in them.

“Yeah, everything’s fine” I said. “But I gotta go” I shoved my phone back into my pocket. His face dropped slightly.

“Oh..okay” He said. As much as I wanted to go back to my flat, part of me wanted to stay here. Weird.

I started to unzip the hoodie to give it back to him, but he stopped my hand half way down.

“Keep it. It’s cold outside” he said. His hand still lightly resting on mine.

He obviously noticed, and pulled away quickly.

“You sure?” I asked. He nodded and I zipped it back up. Thank God. I was freezing.

I noticed my purse was sitting on the coffee table, so I grabbed it and walked to the door.

“Uh…thanks again” I said. I was so horrible at saying goodbyes. I hated it.

“No problem” He said casually. I gave him a smile and started out the door to get a cab.

I heard the door open after I started down the sidewalk.

“(Y/N) wait!” that familiar deep voice called after me.

Er...I feel like I could have done better on this. Oh well. Hope you like it! Don't hesitate to comment(or vote). :)

-Sarah