Chapter 12

Quinn sobbed as she packed her things knowing this could quite possibly be the last time she would ever see her house. She took a moment to take it all in. All the memories she had here including the night she and Sam conceived their child. Sam wrapped a supportive arm around Quinn as she looked around wishing somehow he could make everything okay for her but knowing there was nothing he could do to make any of this better. "You can stay with my family you know..." Sam assured Quinn who looked at him tearfully "I mean they already know about the baby. We don't have a lot of space but we'll do our best to make room for you." Quinn couldn't help but smile at Sam's generosity. "Thanks," Quinn whispered tearfully as she finished up packing her suitcase as Sam carried the suitcase down the stairs for her.

"We're leaving now...thanks for being so accepting," Quinn called into the kitchen as she and Sam left the house getting into Quinn's car as Quinn sobbed at the wheel. Sam rubbed her back trying to comfort Quinn knowing how much this hurt. Her parents had just rejected her for something she wished she could take back but couldn't. She was now homeless was hoping by the grace of God that Sam's family would be okay with her moving in.

Quinn arrived at the Evans' household as Sam took her hand, bringing her inside. "Sammy is that you?" Mary called out. "Yeah mom....we're back," Sam called as his mom peeked her head out of the laundry room to see Quinn standing there emotionally with a suitcase. "Oh dear..." Mary said shaking her head as she rushed over to Sam and Quinn. "Quinn's parents kicked her out....do you think she could stay here tonight?" Sam asked in a concerned tone as Mary nodded. "Of course you can. Quinn, you can stay here as long as you need. We're family now," Mary said as Quinn gave Mary a grateful smile as Sam kissed her. "You see I told you it would work out," Sam told Quinn who nodded tearfully as Sam grabbed her bag. "Where should I put her things?" Sam asked his mom. "She can stay with Stacey since she has the extra bed in her room," Mary said as Sam nodded carrying Quinn's bag up to his sister's room.

"I am so sorry Mrs. Evans," Quinn said tearfully as Mary just hugged her. "Shh...it's okay," Mary said as she let go of Quinn "Sweetheart, judging by the way your mom was acting at our meeting I had a feeling this was going to happen." "Really?" Quinn said emotionally as Mary nodded. "I don't know what parent in their right mind would kick their child out when they've turned up pregnant but," Mary shrugged "That's neither here nor there. I hope we can make you as comfortable as possible." "Thanks. I sincerely appreciate it," Quinn said emotionally as Dwight walked out. "I thought I heard voices...Quinn what are you doing here?" Dwight asked as Quinn opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by Mary. "Her parents did exactly what I thought they were going to Dwight. She's going to be staying with us now," Mary said as Quinn wiped her eyes as Dwight looked at her sympathetically, clearly concerned about her in a way even her own parents weren't. "Well I hope you don't mind staying with Stacey. The boys share a room so you and Sam can't exactly stay together," Dwight said as Quinn nodded. "Sam is setting up my stuff in her room," Quinn said honestly as Dwight nodded. "Wonderful. I hope you enjoy your stay here Quinn," Dwight said as Quinn wiped her eyes again. "Thanks," Quinn said as they were interrupted by Sam coming back downstairs.

"I got her suitcase up to Stacey's room. My sister is over the moon about having another girl here," Sam chuckled as did Quinn, smiling for the first time since she had gotten kicked out. "Well I'm glad our daughter stays consistent," Dwight chuckled a bit as Stacey rushed down the stairs hugging Quinn. "We're going to be roomies! I always wanted a roomie!" Stacey exclaimed excitedly as Quinn hugged the young girl taken aback by her enthusiasm. "Well I'm glad I could make your dreams come true," Quinn chuckled a bit as Stacey let go of her. "Stace, she's had a long night. Let's let Quinn head to bed. We'll talk more about this in the morning," Mary said as Stacey nodded heading back up to her room. "If she gets to be too much let us know," Mary said to Quinn. "I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm just grateful to have somewhere to go," Quinn said honestly as she headed up the stairs "Goodnight Mr. and Mrs. Evans." "Goodnight Quinn," Mary and Dwight said as Sam followed her upstairs.

"How can I ever thank you?" Quinn asked as Sam shook his head. "Hey I meant it when I said I was going to here for you guys no matter what," Sam smiled a bit "I know this isn't the ideal situation but we're here for you. Whatever you need." "Thanks," Quinn said emotionally as Sam kissed her quickly. "I'm going to go get ready for bed, where is the bathroom?" Quinn asked as Sam pointed her in the direction as Quinn got her toothbrush and toothpaste out of her bag as well as her brush and pajamas knowing today was the start of a new beginning for her living with Sam and his family. She could only hope it was the start of something great.