chapter four

"So what's a girl do for fun around here." After we left the diner, Isaiah parted ways with us while Lucas lead us back over to his black Chevy pickup truck. Some things never change. How he can regularly find parking for the monstrosity in this city though is a wonder for me.

We were currently driving what looked to be back towards their penthouse. "We could take you to Times Square or maybe find something along the lines of a theme park," Lucas offered from the driver's seat.

"Oooo or a movie, I've been dying to see a good movie lately!" Jackson whipped around to face me with a huge smile on his face.

"I don't really have a lot of money to do anything like that. I was thinking maybe sightseeing? Or even just a walk around town?" I told them sheepishly, it was actually a blessing to have Isaiah pay for everyone's meal this morning or else I would've been in an awkward situation. I didn't have a lot saved up and I used every last penny of it getting here.

Lucas suddenly yanked the wheel right and haphazardly parked on the side of the road. He and Jackson both turned to face me, "Listen Bella, we love you more than anything in this world and now that you're with us we want nothing more than to take care of you. Anything you ever need, we will take care of. That includes food, clothes, a place to stay and your studies, if you'd like to go in that direction."

Jackson speaks up, "That reminds me. How much did you spend getting here? We don't want you to have to waste your savings on something like that."

"I can't accept reimbursement for getting here or your guys's money for anything else. That's money that you've worked long and hard for, I'm not going to just go out and spend it on myself, I'd feel dirty."

"Bella," Lucas speaks slowly as if he's explaining something to a child, "We love you, we WANT to care for you and provide for you."

"Yeah Bella! We have nothing else to spend our money on and we're more than happy to share it with you."

"I just don't know you guys, it doesn't feel right to me."

Lucas turns back around and starts up the truck, "I don't care if it doesn't feel right to you because it feels right to us and it's our money which means it's our decision what we do with it."

"Here you go," Jackson thrusts a small blue card at me, "It's yours to keep."

"Jackson, I can't just take your credit card."

"No buts," he tossed it into my lap and pulled out his phone, "I'm texting our assistant right now to order me a new one." I reluctantly slip the credit card into my back pocket and silently make a promise to myself that I'll only use it in the case of an emergency.

"Sightseeing then a movie?" Lucas offered.

"Yes! We can show her Times Square, Rockefeller Center, the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, there's so much to see!"

"We could also show her the Metropolitan Museum of Art." Jackson and I both started to giggle at Lucas's idea. "What? What guys."

"It's just you're a bit of a nerd sometimes," Jackson explained.

Lucas glared at Jackson, "Am not."

"You are too," I joined Jackson in ganging up on Lucas.

"The Art Museum," Jackson mocked in Lucas's voice, making us both cackle all over again. Lucas kept his eyes on the road and ignored us.

"Just one more stop I promise."

"Jackson, I don't know how much longer I can last." We'd gone to all of the places Jackson mentioned and so many more, we even went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Jackson and I started to feel bad for teasing Lucas so we let him show us around and it was actually really interesting.