Chapter 17:Potentially Dying

"SWEET CREATURE"

"SWEET CREATURE"

"Rea."

Audrea lifted her head and looked at Klaus questioningly.

"What my mother said yesterday...she was trying to hurt you. Don't take her words to heart." Klaus said smoothly. "You have done more for me than she will ever know. I, for one, don't regret the day we met at all."

Audrea was touched as she gazed up at Klaus. She knew Klaus didn't express his emotions well to others, the hybrid preferring instead to hide any signs of vulnerability. It wasn't without reason. Klaus's choice to do so had been a product of what he had suffered through during his human days. He never again wanted to be seen as weak. He never again wanted to feel helpless. She understood that the most.

So even after centuries of existence, she was glad he continued to trust her with himself.

She sat up and snickered, "Of course you don't, you were too busy ogling my breasts."

Klaus raised a challenging eyebrow.

"I recall you were the one who had been watching me? You knew my name."

"I knew everyone's name." Audrea shifted away from him turned her nose up and away primly. "You weren't special."

"Really?" Klaus tilted his head skeptically.

"Everyone's?"

"I knew Elijah's name. I knew Kol's." Audrea teased, and giggled when she heard a soft snarl. Mentioning his brothers' names while the couple were in bed probably wasn't high up on Klaus's list of things to do. It wasn't anywhere near the list, she would imagine. "So, yes, not special at all."

She yelped when two arms slipped around her and a hard chest pressed up against her back. She resisted the urge to shiver when she felt his breath next to her ear. "On the contrary, love, I think I'm very special. I'm the Original hybrid, after all."

"O...oh?" Audrea gasped, as Klaus's hands began to explore her skin, dipping under her shirt and travelling across her bare legs. The heat that rushed through her with every touch reminded her of all the times they had explored each other's bodies before.

Intense memories danced around in her thoughts and they caused the heat to move down to between her thighs.

Her eyes fluttered closed and she leaned her head back on his shoulder, giving him more access to her neck. Klaus pressed butterfly kisses across it and she felt him smirk against her skin.