Chapter 4: Heart Ripped Right out of her chest

"IVE BEEN TRYNA DRINK AWAY ALL THE NIGHTS I CANT FORGET"

."Go ahead, kill me!" Stefan growled. "I know you'll do it when he brings the coffin."

Klaus dragged Stefan from away where he had shoved the Salvatore's hand into the fire, his own hands gripping Stefan's collar tightly.

"You really have given up, haven't you?" Klaus pleasantly observed, his gaze seeping over Stefan. Klaus hit Stefan's chest and taunted, "Where's the fight? Where's the ripper?!"

Stefan snarled and pushed Klaus away furiously, leaving a few feet between the hybrid and him.

Klaus's attention was torn away from Stefan when he noticed his brother standing in the doorway.

"Elijah."

Elijah and Damon stepped into the living room and a blonde human walked up next to them, holding a tray.

"Why haven't you left?" Klaus questioned. Elijah was supposed to have gone with Damon to fetch the last coffin, but instead, he stood there silently, appraising the situation.

Elijah spread his hands. "Well, where are your manners, brother? You forgot dessert."

He glanced at the tray the woman was holding and smoothly whipped off the cloth covering it. Two very familiar daggers were revealed, much to Klaus's horror.

He lifted his chin and stared accusingly at his older brother. "What have you done?"

"What have you done?" Elijah shot back. "See, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now."

Kol suddenly appeared behind Elijah and strode confidently into the room, an unfathomable expression on his face as he neared Klaus.

Klaus's expression shifted into one of pure horror. "Kol."

"Long time, brother." Kol sauntered even closer, tilting his head as he relished in Klaus's shock.

Klaus let out a nervous laugh and found his feet stepping backwards. Someone blurred into the room and snatched a dagger off the tray. Finn appeared a couple feet away in front of Klaus, a look of fury on his face as he stared at the hybrid.

"Finn, don't!" Klaus warned, raising a hand, but his eldest brother simply grabbed onto his wrist and stabbed the dagger through his hand. Finn's eyes had a look of insanity to them even as he stared emotionlessly at Klaus, who screamed in agony when Finn drove the dagger deeper into his hand. Once Finn finally yanked the dagger out, Klaus turned and flashed toward the opposite doorway, only to be stopped by his sister, who strode in, still wearing the beautiful red dress she had been daggered in.