The gym

It's been about a week. I've lain in this hospital bed, or occasionally sat in a chair, but I have yet to leave the room. Luckily, there's a TV. The doctor, who's name I found out is Dr. Bruce Banner, talks with me some, but aside from him and a few nurses I'm alone.

Occasionally, someone else will drop by and talk with him when he's on the computer. I've seen a redhaired woman, a man with short hair and a mustache, and an African-American man with an awesome eyepatch who stops by the most and sometimes gestures at me when talking to Dr. Banner.

Today is a day like any other. I wake up, eat breakfast, and pick up the book I was reading yesterday. It's Robin Hood; Robin hood has always been my idol. He's independent, an archer, a hero to many,and always has a plan. He was one of the things that got me into archery when I was little. Reading that book automatically makes me happy, and want to practice archery.

Dr. Banner strolls in, and surprisingly walks straight to my bed.

"Good morning Aves. Today, we've determined you are sufficiently healed to leave the hospital."

I do a mental cheer. Finally!

He continues. "Change into some athletic clothes, you're going to the gym to exercise your arms."

He leaves, and I'm sitting here with a million questions fluttering about my mind. What gym, What will I do in said gym? Do I even have athletic clothes?

I change into a bright purple sleeveless athletic shirt, and grey athletic shorts that reach my midthigh. I found them in a bag under my bed. That sounds weird, but all of my possessions are in black hefty bags under my bed.

I walk out, and go to the nurses' station to ask where Dr. Banner is. He walks up right when I start talking.

"Hi! Where's the gym? What's in it? Will anyone else be there?" I bombard him with questions. I'm rather energetic after lying around for ages.

He smiles slightly and starts to walk down the corridor. "It's this way."

I follow, mildly annoyed about the lack of answers, but I'm so happy to be "free" that I can't stay mad.

Whilst walking down hallways and corridors, I notice that everyone here is an adult, and has Bluetooth-like earpieces. They all seem very government-agent-y and that makes me suspicious.

"Where are we anyways?" I ask.

"New York." Dr. Banner replies curtly. I roll my eyes and almost crash into him. He has stopped suddenly outside of a large steel door. The hallway ends with a dead-end, and a black door crammed in the corner.

The doctor activates a keypad and types in a code or password. The door slides open surprisingly smoothly, revealing a huge room with a basketball hoop and area equivalent to ¼ of a court, a area with various exercise.machines, every kind of punching bag imaginable, hundreds of dummies and weapons, and almost everything else imaginable.

"This is just the auxiliary gym." His watch chirped and he left.

I stood there awkwardly for a few minutes. I hate basketball, I dislike running, boxing isn't my strong point I'm too small for most exercise machines, I have nothing to do here. Then, I notice a target in a corner. Following a straight line back to the opposite wall, I see an array of bows. Bingo!

I sprint over and smile. They have it all. Recurve, compound, traditional, longbow, and more. I dig around a bit before finding an armguard. I don't have a glove, so I put bandaides around that joint of my fingers.

With gentle care, I lift a medium sized recurve bow off its hook. Someone obviously likes archery.enough to have a collection like this, and I don't want to ruin it.