The day is saved..........or not

(a/n I can't believe this story is soo popular! I really don't think I'm that great at writing)

(aves pov)

A trickle of blood left my neck, the tip of the scepter barely piercing my skin. Typical loki, he was going to make it slow, playing with his food before he stabbed it with his fork and knife and possibly spoon.

"it's a pity Hawkeye's veiw is blocked behind rubble..I've heard he's grown quite attached to you, what a blow it would be to see you d-" loki's monologue was stopped by a blur of red and gold slamming into him, sending him twenty feet through the air then skidding anther ten.

"why don't you pick on someone your own size?" Iron man hovered about a decimeter off the ground. Glancing back at me, his visor flipped up and he gave me a concerned glance.

"you okay kid?"

I nodded, wiping the insignificant trickle of blood off my neck. My bow was a shattered mess so I left the fighting to the able and ran to start pulling away at the rubble.

"Clint! You alive in there?" I muttered to the pile, scrabbling at the debris.

"yes, Aves. how badly did...he... Hurt you?" Clint's voice was steely. I could hear him too pulling away at the concrete mess.

"Its just a scratch." I assured.him, pulling aside a large chunk. I turned to watch the battle while clearing fragments.

Iron man had just slammed through a column, and turned on his boot jets to send himself back at Loki. Loki met the flying armor with his scepter, and the hair raising screech of metal gouging metal made me wince. A long scratch marred Tony's armor; from the chestplate down his leg.

Tony spun and blasted his repulsers at loki,sending the God of Mischief into a wall. He stalking over and blasted loki again while he was down. Loki got back up, and slammed his scepter into the joint at the armor's neck. The blade of the scepter acted as a wedge and sparks crackled around the blade as it moved steadily closer to his neck. Tony had saved my skin, the least I could do was save his.

I grabbed a hunk of concrete roughly the size of my fist and threw it as hard as I could. It scraped Loki in the head and he turned and gasped in shock. A look of rage darkened his features and he dropped his scepter from Tony's neck. Then, loki disappeared.

"Where'd the b*stard go? " muttered Tony, flipping the visor up from his helmet.

"don't know... " I murmured back, looking wildly around the parking garage. "I think he's gone.."

"I wouldn't count on him being gone for long." Clint sourly said.

We all let out a hopeful collective sigh of relief. Tony hurried over and cleared more of the.rubble. Clint clambered through looking only a little banged up.

******

(Clint pov)

I was giddy with relief that loki was,albeit only temporary, gone. I worried when he would reappear, but distracted myself from negativity by smiling concerned at Aves. her neck was cut slightly and a trickle of blood had dried from it. She caught my gaze and rolled her eyes.

"I'm finnee!"she exasperatedly assured me.

I patted her on the shoulder distractedly and looked around.

"the fighting seems nearly.over." The last few jutons were being taken down by Thor and Hulk. Steve was helping a limping Natasha.

"we should join the others." I suggested.

"alright. then lets go legolas! or is it katniss now? " Tony quipped with a smirk.

"shut up!" I choked out through surpressed laughter. I was trying my hardest to feign offended indignity.

"what are you two talking about ..." Aves said. her expression was one of concern for our mental health. The incredulous look on her face shattered my charade. I burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter. Her brow raised further and she apparently gave up on making sense of it.

We made it down and out on the street without incidence. Natasha was only wounded superficially in the leg and everyone else was just banged up. Thor's hammer and Cap's shield were smeared with blood and Hulk was slowly calming back down into Bruce. Right now he was impatiently stomping around pummeling the ground, but he was growling less than before.

"Lets retreive some arrows before heading back. they're just wasted if we leave them." I told Aves. She nodded and promptly yanked and arrow out of a dead frost giant. We systematically pulled free our arrows until we were at the far side of the street from the group. Freezing, I put a hand on Aves's shoulder. Some sixth sense told me something bad was bound to happen.

"Well. What a decision. " A cold voice filled with cynical merriment drawled from behind us. Turning around swiftly Aves and I identified him in unison.

"loki!"

"Oh how quaint. You know my name." He smirked and stepped closer. He was only a few feet away and the mischievous glint in his eyes gleamed.

I raised my bow stringing an arrow, but before I could loose it the blade at the end of his scepter slice through the string. My bow had been rendered useless for firing projectiles. I dropped the knocked arrow and slid my hands to the base of my bow. It was still useful as a crude bludgeon.

"Stay behind me! " I ordered Aves. I swung the bow hard at Loki and he met it with his scepter. He stepped closer sliding it down the bow towards my grip where he could try to disarm me. I kicked him hard him the shin and yanked away stepping back. His glare deepened and he swung the scepter again. It bounced off the bow and slammed into my hand. I yelled in surprise and pain and dropped my weapon. There was a large gouge in the back of my hand making it limp and throbbing. Regaining my senses I balled my good hand into a fist.

I stepped back farther and felt the roughness of a brick wall behind me. I glanced sideways and met a pair of frightened eyes. Aves had an arrow clutched in her hand as her last resort and moved closer to me while Loki advanced. He stopped about two feet away and his smirk grew.

"Hmmm.. what a decision. Which of you should I ensnare the mind of? Which would be more painful is the proper quandary. Should it be you, Agent? Watching your own hands hurt those you care about? or the girl and let you watch her fight and hurt herself and the avengers? What a decision.."

*****

a/n. MWHAHAHHAHAHH. Another cliffhanger!!!! I actually need to decide who gets possessed.. hmmmm...

anyways, how were the fight scenes? too rushed? confusing? anything?

please vote and comment!!!!!!