Epilogue (Happy Ending)

(Y/n): Your name

(L/n): Last name

Italic word: Used for communications

Bold+Italic word: In thoughts

Bold: Flashback

---------------------------------------------------------

3rd POV:

Blake was still waiting at a cafe near the air base. She was having a cup of coffee while reading her favourite book, The Man With Two Souls. The sound of the jet engines polluted the environment but she doesn't bothered about it.

But, her focus on the book was interrupted when a helicopter flew above the cafe. Blake snapped her head towards the helicopter but then covered her eyes due to the dust that was blew off by the helicopter's blades. When the dust had settled off, she took a look at the helicopter that was hovered before it landed. Her eyes widen when she saw the Chinook that (Y/n) boarded before. She then quickly stood from her seat and ran towards the air base, without paying her coffee.

---------------------------------------------------------

The Chinook soon landed and lowered its ramp for the troops to exit. The pilots let out a relief sighs as they were glad that the Chinook doesn't take any significant damage and returned safely to the base.

The troops began to unload the wounded as the medics that were stationed at the base rushed to help carry the wounded. Yang with her red eyes due to crying took off her helmet and walked out from the Chinook. She was greeted by Seth and Brett who were walking towards her.

Seth: "Yang!" He shouted her name. Yang didn't responded. Instead, she fell to her knees and began to cry. Seth came close to her and pulled her into hug.

Yang: "I..... He... He sacrificed himself..."

Seth: "Shh shh.. it's okay, Yang... It's okay..." He said and stroked her hair, trying to calm her.

Brett remained silent. His mind was still thinking about (Y/n). But he was interrupted by someone, making him snapped out from his thought.

???: "Hey, Brett! Where's (Y/n)?"

He turned his head and saw Blake. His heart suddenly beating fast. His crush was in front of him. But when she asked about (Y/n), he doesn't sure how to tell her.

Blake's eyes then focused towards Yang who was still being hugged by Seth.

Blake: "What happened? Why Yang is crying?" She asked.

Brett then found his courage to tell her.

Brett: "(Y/n).... He's...gone.." he said and lowered his head. Blake's eyes widen.

Blake: ".....What?"

Brett: "He's gone, Blake... He sacrificed himself.... I'm sorry Blake...."

Blake: "What?! This can't be true! He said that he will come back!"

Seth: "He's not coming back, Blake.... We saw in the live feed of the battle... I'm sorry, Blake.. We've lost a PJ.. We lost him..."

Tears started to form on her eyes. Her body weaken and she fell to her knees.

Blake: "Why.... Why he do that...." She said and began to cry.

Seth: "That is the path that he choose. He sacrificed himself so that other's may live. He may not gonna live with you for the rest of his life. But he's giving you a chance to start a better life." He then broke the hug with Yang and slowly approached her. "I'm so sorry, Blake. I hope that you will not forget him." He put his hand on her shoulder. Then, he walked away.