Lies

He started to silently panic.

Hencouldn't possibly let Keebo know what was happening to him. He didn't want others to worry even more about him. Plus, this was personal. Maybe if I stayed quiet, he'll go away? He thought, covering his mouth so he wouldn't let out any noises like coughs or my sharp breathing.

"Kokichi?" The voice grew louder with each step Keebo took. Keebo's footsteps become faint as the bathroom door open then close. Kokichi sighed in relief, letting out a somewhat loud cough, which was somewhat unexpected. He slowly opened the stall door and let it swing closed behind me once he stepped out.

"I knew it!" Keebo shouted in front of the door, next to the sinks. Why was he still here? Didn't he already leave?
"Wait- I thought you-"
"What are you hiding?" Keebo cuts him off before I could even finish his sentence. He took a few steps closer to the other, intensifying his anxiety and nerves by each second. "Please tell us, or me, at least." He took a step back for each one Keebo took.

"Kokichi, please answer me. I'm concerned about the state you're in right now." Soon enough, he felt the cold tiled walls behind me. He slid down and sat on the dirty floor, slightly regretting it when he sat down.

He glanced around the room for ways he could escape or avoid the situation with. There were many, really. He could easily run past Keebo or run into the stalls. The stalls were right there. Why didn't I want to go in though? Why didn't I want to escape? I don't want them to know, yet I did. It was an instinct that came over him to avoid any situation where he would have to tell someone about his disease.

He wanted to yell out for help, the pain he went through everyday was unbearable. Coughing or throwing up blood and flowers, being starved, He wanted to be put out of my misery. But he couldn't. He was that stupid — probably as much as Gonta.

He opened my mouth to speak, but his tongue was tied - no words came out. He couldn't think straight, his thoughts were a mess, he didn't know what to say. It was an opportunity to try to reach out for help. But he didn't seem to want to.

It was like his punishment for being a liar, a person who behaves badly, an immature person.

"Kokichi, please." Keebo crouched down in front of him. He couldn't keep this secret any longer. He's kept this all to himself for months without telling anyone. His mum was too busy with work to care.
"Promise you won't tell anyone?" I swear if he does..
"I promise."

He waited for a few seconds for a cough, and soon enough, he did, not coughing out as much as blood but some petals. He showed him the petals and the little droplets of blood.
Keebo's eyes widened. "I thought-" Keebo seemed to have trouble collecting his thoughts, which I understand, you don't see your friend cough up blood and flowers often. "I thought this 'Hanahaki' disease was just some made-up nonsense. I read something about it online.. Isn't it about unrequited love?" Kokichi nodded.
"Why yes, it is. Not like I've read or heard about it a zillion times." He said, his eyes lidded.
"Jeez, I was just making sure," Keebo said, offended.

"But.. can't you get surgical removement?" Keebo said, while also keeping an eye out on the clock. Only two more minutes before class.
"Yeah, but I don't know what would happen if I got rid of these flowers. Maybe I won't learn how to love again, or I can't love.." He hesitated. What if he's homophobic? Or he tells someone else? Though, He had to reassure myself that Keebo probably isn't the type to be homophobic. "Him again, whatever, I just don't have the money to."

"How about you do a GoFundMe or something like that?" Keebo suggests.
"Not a bad idea, I might consider that." I probably wouldn't. Even if he's being stupid, he didn't want to lose this feeling he has for this detective.
"I can help you if you want."
He shook his head. "Nah, no need to worry, I can do it on my own." A few seconds after what he just said, he coughed.
"Look, we can talk after school or by messages, okay? We have to go or we'll be late to class."

Keebo and Kokichi stand up from the filthy bathroom ground and we walk out. "We have separate classes, correct?"
He grins and nods. "Yep! See ya!" And He runs off. God, that felt refreshing in a way. Pouring out your problems to someone else, it feels nice in a way. Yet it still made him feel bad. He couldn't figure out why.

God, human feelings are complicated.

[AN] Kinda forgot to mention that Keebo is a human in this story since he's at lunch and he's eating :^
Anywho, I hope you're enjoying this story! I have a bunch of other fan fics for other fandoms so I'm considering on posting them if I get this story finished.