The Things We Do For Love

dedicated to one of the authors that I respect so much 

enjoy :) ! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got out the shower wrapping a towel around my body . I haven't heard from Jacob for almost a week , he doesn't answer his phone , he barely shows up at school and I haven't seen him since the day I told him about what happened . I was worried sick about him thinking all day where could he be ?! I know he promised he wouldn't do anything stupid but it was killing me . It was really frustrating so I thought a shower might ease my mind off of things but I guess nothing can . I plopped on my bed grabbing my phone dialing his number again hoping he would answer . voicemail , again... I sighed and grabbed my hair in frustration . if he wasn't going to answer me soon I might just lose my mind . 

I got up and went downstairs grabbing a snack . I began biting down on my food until I heard the door bell ring . I got up answering the door and had to do a double take at who I saw .

"Angel..." I gasped taking a step back in shock . 

Angel looked up at me , her face wet and a few tears in her eyes . her eyes were full of sorrow and guilt and I noticed she was holding some type of paper in her hand . she cleared her throat before speaking in a soft tone .

"Clair look before you do anything I just want to admit that I was wrong , I was completely wrong and you have every right to blame me get mad at me and do whatever you want . I know it was a big mistake and what I did is so out of line and I know it will take a while if not forever for you to forgive me but please please please before we start talking about this , take a look at the reason that made me realize my mistake , the reason why I came all that way over here crying hoping that you'd forgive me.." she spoke really fast and handed me the paper that was in her hand . I was utterly confused as I slowly took it from her . scrunching my eyebrows , I noticed it was the school magazine . I glanced at the cover and something caught my attention. the title "Teen Love : Unconditional "...teen love ? no way , that's the title of me and Jacob's article that we've been working on . did Jacob publish it ? without telling me ? it's not even completed yet ! I shook my head repeatedly in disbelief with anger , confusion , and curiosity rushing through my body . flipping through the pages as fast as I could with my eyebrows scrunched , I quickly got to the page of the article and began reading....

The article :

"Teen Love : Unconditional 

Written by : Jacob Perez

......hello readers 

 before I start , let me say this was probably the hardest thing I ever had to do . this article wasn't planned to go that way at all , but I had to change it and you'll understand why in the next few lines .

 this is yours truly Jacob Perez and I will be sharing my story with you . 

Once in my life , crime was my best friend , drugs were my faithful companions , alcohol was what my life depended on and being a rebel was what I did best . my past isn't something I'm proud of , I admit it and although not all people know this about me , I committed a handful of crimes and broke the law endless times by all means . I was despised and hated by people around me but who am I to blame them . I did horrible things...that should not be mentioned . I got locked up and I damn well deserved what I got .

trying to fit in afterwards was never easy . being the bad kid always had its consequences even if you're not "bad" anymore ! I tried to convince everyone that I changed , no one believed me . I was still hated and I had to live with the fact that I will be forever a disgrace . I saw no hope in my life , nobody was by my side , not even my parents . I was more than ready to go into depression...maybe even get back to my old ways . no one showed me love , no support , no one wants to listen .