First Day Trouble pt 2 : Decisions

. Jacob's pov .

I laid in my bed thinking about today . I didn't go with Clair just because Trey might be there and things wouldn't be pretty if I went... I know Trey was still mad at me but he didn't know anything about me changing . He still thought I was worthless and a killer and I was SURE he was going to tell her everything . I admit I would have rather told her the truth myself but she refused . She said she would understand....I truly hope she does . She just doesn't know how much I changed . How much SHE changed me....I did something horrible because I was drunk and no matter how many talks my parents had with me and how many doctor appointments I had nobody could ever change me , but she did . She made me a whole new person , a better new person . By now I'm sure Trey had already said it all to her...I was just waiting for her to call or text and she would either hate me , or forgive me like she promised . I sighed hoping for the second option as I got up from my bed and headed downstairs . As soon as I walked past the last step , a freaking out crying Clair came into my house and jumped in my arms hugging me tight . It took me by surprise but I hugged her back brushing her hair "Trey told me..." She said as she cried more in my arms . " Clair I swear I changed I'm not the sa--" she cut me off and covered my mouth "Jacob....Trey told me.....b-but I KNOW you changed . I know you're a b-better person and I..I trust you . I love you Jacob " she said between tears , sniffs and sobs with her voice cracking . " I promised you I'll understand , and I'm keeping my promise " she whispered as she wept in my shirt . Just then I knew I had made the best decision in my life when I made her mine . I had a precious diamond in my hand and I refuse to ever lose her...Ever . " Thank you for having faith in me when nobody else does" I said back to her . She wrapped her arms around my neck and rubbed the back of it then faced me . She smiled as I wiped the tears that were still wet on her cheeks " I'll always have faith in you and trust you no matter what , don't forget that " she whispered . We had an amazing deep connection between us that we never had to speak to understand each other . God had truly blessed me with a beautiful angel to go through everything with me and give me strength and faith....and most importantly love .

 . Clair's pov . 

I couldn't be mad at him no matter what . He poured his heart out to me and proved more than once that he became a new person with a fresh start...I just couldn't leave him . Not after I JUST got him . I refuse to let anything come between us . Trey would just have to understand that he changed and if he doesn't , he can get over himself because well , I'm not leaving my baby .  

Jacob pulled away from our embrace and ran his hand through his hair " how bad is Trey mad at me...?" He asked with a little fear in his eyes . " Bad....like really BAD . He looked outrageous and his veins popped out when I said your name " I said bluntly. He sighed then spoke again " did he tell you anything about us ?" 

" He wanted me to leave you and tried to convince me that you're not a good person but I guess he'll have to deal with it because I'm not going anywhere " I said shrugging .

"Clair...I don't want to cause problems between you and your friends " he said .

" There won't be any problems , I'll explain to him don't worry he'll understand "

" No he will not understand Clair . I know Trey he's stubborn....he won't change his mind....babe look these people seem to make you happy and I refuse to be the one that keeps this away from you "

" Jacob what....what are you saying ? "

" I'm saying if Trey finds out that you won't leave me he's going to do something crazy like stop talking to you and he'll make Angel stop talking to you too "

" So ? I don't care he can do whatever he wants I'm not leaving you "

"And I'm not going to be the reason you lose your friends Clair "

" Jacob how many times do I have to say I.don't.care . I WANT to be with you" 

He sighed then spoke again " babe I won't force you to do anything...but I see how much these people make you happy and make you smile and with me being in the picture things won't be the same anymore . if we're going to be together , they won't approve of it and you might lose them but I don't want that to happen...and if you leave me I don't know what I'd do with myself because you complete me"

He's not doing what I think he is right.....?! "Jacob what do you mean ? Are you.....are you making me.....choose ?" I asked hoping and praying this isn't really happening.

He sighed and rubbed his forehead then looked down...I guess that meant yes !? This was insane . I was probably about to make the hardest decision of my life . I had to choose between my best friend and the love of my life.....

I breathed in heavily before brushing my hair back with my fingers . "Fine then "....

" I choose......."