Guilty

There is nothing as great as that feeling of getting home after a long trip and jumping on your own bed. Yay for a regular Wifi connection, and the privacy of my own room.

So without further ado,

I give you: Chapter 1

“Would you like to explain how I got volunteered for this mess?” Paul just sighed. He had been with the boys long enough to know that this wasn’t going to go over well. He just hoped that Liam could take the mick for this and just get it done.

“Well, we all know Zayn would never do it; and after our last dancing incident,” Paul gave Liam a pointed look,

“I don’t think anyone wants to try and make him do anything he doesn’t want to do. Harry is… well, Harry is just Harry.” Paul shuffled his papers around and slid a picture over to Liam of what seemed to be Harry having lunch with an attractive blonde woman.

“There was a rumor going around about him and one of the judges. It would be bad publicity for them, and us.” Paul just shook his head as Liam passed him back the picture.

“And we all know that Niall would swear like a sailor on any, and all of the rehearsal footage; we don’t want that bad habit of his publicized anymore than it already is.” Paul paused and hoped that Liam would forget about the fourth member he had neglected to mention.

“And Louis? Why can’t Louis do the show?” Paul sighed. He had hoped in vain.

“Louis pulled every excuse in the book. He ‘bagsied’ not doing it, he’s the oldest, he’s busy planning the wedding – even though we all know that Eleanor has it under her thumb, he even went so far as to threaten to break his own leg if he had to, to get out of the show. I wouldn’t put it past Lou to sabotage himself so he wouldn’t have to do the show.” Liam rolled his eyes and face palmed.

“Plus it didn’t help your case that the boys went on and on about how you were the best dancer, had the best rhythm, and since you weren’t there to defend yourself-“

“It’s the first time I’ve completely missed a mandatory meeting. In the past four years we’ve been together, I’ve only been late to one meeting, ONE! I even Skyped from the airport in Michigan when I was stuck there because of a bloody blizzard, just so I wouldn’t miss a meeting!” Liam took a couple breaths after his outburst and then sat down with a sigh, his head in his hands.

“And I only missed this one because of the funeral…” Paul went over and sat next to him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

“I know Liam.” Paul felt like more than just a management figure to these boys, he had become a friend to them. He was usually the one that ended up seeing Liam when he cracked under the pressure. The boy truly put too much pressure on himself, and then worried about the boys as well.

“We could tell the boys-“

No.” Liam insisted, not moving from his position.

“I don’t want them to worry about me.”

I worry about you lad. Paul sighed at the thought.

“I’m getting too old for this.” Paul muttered to himself.

“Well, if you don’t want to tell the boys to make them change their minds, then just try and think of this as something to keep you busy and keep your mind off things. It’s something new and different.”

Liam took a few more deep breaths before pulling himself upright. He stood to stretch and run his fingers through his hair.

“Tell them I’ll do it.” He said with a sigh. Then he turned and gave Paul a look,

“Is there anything else I should know about before this fiasco starts?” Paul smiled a little and said,

“Well I don’t know if this will make things better or worse but you and the boys know the girl who is going to be your partner.” Liam quirked an eyebrow at him,

“I know a lot of people Paul.” Paul just shrugged,

“That’s all I know about her. But, I do know that upper management had already given the initial agreement to the station, so I’ll just forward the information saying that you’ll be the one participating in the show.” He shuffled some papers in front of him and then pulled out the one he was looking for.

“Ah, the show won’t air its first episode for a couple months, but I think you’ll be meeting your partner in about-” he scanned the paper,

“-two to four weeks.” Liam just nodded and rubbed the back of his head.

“Well, I can tell you that Louis won’t have to worry about breaking his own leg-” Liam started toward the door,

“-I’ll do it for him.” He put his hand on the knob, before he looked back at Paul,

“Paul?” He looked up from his paperwork,

“Yeah kid?” Liam smiled just a little bit,

“Thanks, for everything.” He gave Paul a full on grin and flung the door open wide. As Liam exited the room, Paul couldn’t help but smile. Before the door closed he heard him yell out in his best ‘Daddy Direction’ voice,

Louis!” He just chuckled as he ignored the sounds of screaming and running feet that soon ensued.

Hopefully that wasn't horrendously terrible; and lets also hope I didn't leave my sudden burst of inspiration back in Canada.

Enjoy,

-LTT