10

Rylan

"That is the futon?" She wrinkled her nose at the small, but in my defense, well loved and comfy heap of blankets and quilting near the large bay window of my room.

"What's the issue?" I glared at her, noting the disgusted look on her face.

"It reeks of dog." She grimaced, rubbing her arm, trying to placate her goosebumps.

I snorted at her. "Like you smell so much nicer." I leaned in, catching a whiff of her coconut scent, laced with something spicy and inviting, like cinnamon. I consciously wanted to adjust my jeans again. "You smell like those dead flowers and shit that Andrew puts in the bathroom."

She cussed at me, then threw her backpack, which I just noticed, onto the futon and started to search for something inside the bag.

"Well, shower's over there. Ill be downstairs." I turned quickly to leave, but I felt her gaze on my back.

"Thanks, you know, for letting me stay. I know it's going to be troble, for your pack and all." She muttered as I turned back to look at her.

"It's fine." I quickly assured her. "We, er, really felt bad about your friend. It was honestly an accident."

Something flashed in her eyes. Pain? Regret? And she nodded, turning back to her unpacking.

Lexy:

I stepped out of the bathroom, a trail of steam behind me as I closed the door.

I heard it before I felt it.

An arm was pressed against my neck, pushing me into the surprisingly sturdy bathroom door. His other hand gripped y upper arm. The smell of cologne and wet dog assaulted my senses, and my eyes met with a pair of dark brown ones. The arm at my throat didn't hurt. Nothing could really hurt that much anymore. But it was just irritating how bold these dogs really are.

"What fucking game are you playing at, bitch?" The guy, Andrew, I realized, spat at my face.

"You might consider moving your fucking arm, dipshit." I hissed, deciding to humour him for a bit. "You smell revolting."

His pupils dilated further, and I felt him tremble. "What are you doing here?! Some sort of revenge plot?"

I narrowed my eyes. "I've gotten over that. And I've already told you why I'm here. To avoid my fucking abusive boyfriend."

His arm pushed further.

"I don't believe that for a second. A whore like you-" he snarled.

I felt my fangs elongate, and using one hand, I lifted his arm, noting the painful expression on his face, and cracked his right wrist with my other hand, breaking free of his hold and reaching up to wrap my hand around his neck before he even got the chance to block me hand.

He whimpered, and I mentally smiled to myself.

Digging a finger into his windpipe, I leaned close to his ear, "don't fuck with me, and I'll stay out of your way. I have no plans for revenge, as you call it. But I'm always in need of fresh blood if you're really that stupid." 

I watched his face turn even redder, and then released my grip. He gasped for air while cussing at me, slowing retreating out the door, his eyes portraying magnitudes of hatred and loathing.

I smiled sweetly back at him, tucked back my hair. Now, I'd have to deal with the other person in the room, who is currently leaning against the wall, studying me with a curious expression.

"He gets a bit nosy sometimes." Rylan explains, his sexy mouth curving into a smirk. "I was wondering if I should step in."

I snorted. "I'm glad you didn't." Walking towards the 'bed', I grabbed another towel from a dresser and continued drying my damp hair. I could still feel his gaze on me.

"You're stronger than the other vampires I've seen." He critiques.

"They weren't turned by one of the originals I'm guessing." I replied, searching for a hairbrush.

"He didn't treat you right?"

"Well, he raped me and basically kidnapped me. So no, I guess he wasn't the perfect boyfriend." I laughed humorlessly.

I could hear his sharp intake of breath.

"It wasn't that bad. I learned to tolerate him," I reassured him, giving him a look over my shoulder. He looked angry, his fists clenching and his pupils dilating. I couldn't help but to notice how sexy he looked. For a dog of course.

"He forced you, every time?" He growled, his voice causing me to shiver.

I rolled my eyes. "Not every time. Jesus, I learned to, like him I guess. He wasn't all bad. He was a violent, fucking crazy delusion bastard, but he treated me alright."

"By raping you?!"

"No, not that. He cares about me, a lot. Though he has a twisted way of showing it. He loves me." I ran the brush through my long hair, grimacing at the slight tangles.

He shifted and walked closer, so close I could smell his scent. He didn't smell like dog, unlike what I told him. He smelled like forest, and fresh water, and musky male. My eyes closed for a second.

"And do you love him?" He looked down at me expectantly.

"No." I laughed. "The bastard took everything away from me." I suddenly felt awkward, like I was revealing more information than I should. "I don't want to talk about this anymore."

The conversation was too intense anyways. For god's sake, I just met the guy!

"Fine. Good night." Rylan snarled, storming out of the room, slamming the door behind him. I felt the entire room shake with the impact.