8

Rylan: 

"Are you hungry? I'm hungry," the girl beside me asked, her mass of blond curls tickling my face as I rolled over in my bed, the cigarette dangling from my mouth.I tried not to get ashes on the bed, since the maid Lucinda had to do the laundry tomorrow morning and she would probably scold me in that thick jamican accent, like my mother used to. Minus the Jamican accent of course. 

"Rylan?" I felt her long finger nail poke at my back. 

I winced in annoyance, then reached out and flicked the ashes from the cigarette. God I hated when I did this. Usually Andrew is so good at getting rid of them for me. I sighed and listened to the sound of heavy rain pouring outside. 

"Rylan!" She shrieked, and smacked my arm, making me drop my cigarette. 

"Fuck!" I swore loudly, quickly getting my boxers and trying to stamp out the ciagrette with my hand. Then I got up from the bed, grabbing my sweatpants and T-shirt. 

"Rylan!" The girl demanded, her voice raising up like 8 octaves. 

I rolled my eyes and turned to face her. She was sitting up in bed, her hair wild and my comforter wrapped tightly around herself. For some unknown reason, I felt guilty even though I know I shouldn't be. "Look, can you just shut up for a second." 

I felt even more guilty as I saw her eyes widen in shock and hurt. 

"I'm sorry-" 

"RYLAN. DOOR." Someone yelled from downstairs. 

"FUCK." I swore again as I tried to wrestle on my clothes and run through the door. I shuffled downstairs as I fluffed my hair and nodded at Dnaiel who stood by the door texting. 

I wrenched open the door, and the smell hit me first. My eyes widened as I took in the girl standing on the threshold. 

The girl with the wet, dark hair plastered around her face. Her eyes gleamed with, what? Tears? It was hard to put my finger on the colour of her eyes, since they were neither green nor blue. She looked heart-breakingly beautiful, and fragile. She was only wearing a thin jacket that was soaked right through, and her thin body was shivering under the cold. 

I felt somehting tug inside me. 

My brain was frozen, and I just couldn't find any words to say to her. 

"Can I come in?" She said, and I nearly sank down to the ground. 

I wanted to march up to her and grab her, then kiss the living daylights out of her. 

I gulped and nodded, opening the door wider so she could come in. 

Daniel's eyes were saucers as he saw Alex, and I mentally wanted to slap myself. 

This was not a good idea.