6

Alex:

"Alex, sweetheart." Landon cooed softly, stroking my hair and twirling it around and around his long, graceful fingers, his cold, hard chest raising and falling under my cheek. I was snuggled in the cacoon of silk sheets, which was also pooled under Landon's waist, exposing his toned, muscular chest. My head was rested against his chest, my legs tugged and folded against my chest. He was playing with my hair, which was splayed on his chest like a halo. "Are you alright?" He asked me, his voice gentle. 

"I'm fine," I muttered, looking up at him, my eyes tracing his long, unman-like lashes. His sandy, sleep-tousled hair and glassy eyes. 

"You look tired. Did you sleep alright?" He reached over and ran his finger under my eyes, tracing the evident dark circle under my eye. His voice was low, almost a bit hesitant. "Do you need to feed?" 

My eyes widen unexpectedly. "No, no...I'm fine." I quickly answered. "Don't need to worry about me."

"Alex, you haven't fed in almost a week. You're ghostly pale! And you're too thin right now." He narrowed his eyes as he took in the bags under my eyes and my prominent collarbone. "You.Need.To.Feed." 

I started to get agitated. My mind was replaying memories, from my childhood. Alice and I prank calling a cute guy in our science class, Alice and I teasing my older cousins, Alice and I giggling for no reason...Everything just crashed down on me, my brain was starting to hurt. 

I wanted to mourn, but my all my senses were blocked. I could shed cold, icy tears, but I could not feel it. I could frown, but I couldn't feel the emotions behind it. I wanted to feel the pain of losing my best friend, but I couldn't. I couldn't feel anything, I was frozen. Frozen in the same state forever. Never progressing, never changing. 

"But I don't want to," I begged. "I hate this! All of this!" I yelled. "I can't feel ANYTHING! I can't do anything but sit here and think about the past! I hate THIS. I hate how frozen I am! My life, has no purpose!" 

Landon looked furious, his eyes blazing with fury, I knew this expression too well. I know it's dangerous, but I hated him so much for what he did to me. Somedays, I would be grateful for immortality, but sometimes, I would hate him to the core of my being. 

In a second's time he had me pinned to the wall, his hands gripping my shoulders so hard that the nails were digging into my flesh. His hard gaze was on mine and I was forced to look up at him, his body frigidly cold even though we were the same temperature. He was breathing unevenly, his nostrils flaring as he dug his fingers into my skin harder. 

"I own you, Alex." He snarled into my ear, his breath harsh on my skin. "Every part of you. I've given you everything anyone can possibly want. So don't you dare complain. Do you understand?" I growled, crushing my jaw in his hand now. 

I nodded weakly, tears forming in my eyes as our eyes met. My tears were now blurring his face.

I was shaking in fright? Anger? Sadness? I didn't know. All I could do was just lower my head and watch the tears drip. I felt weak, useless. Worthless. 

I felt Landon's body relax and his eyes soften, a bit. 

"Baby." Landon pulled me into his arms and crushed me against him. "I love you, you know that. I want you by my side forever, We're meant for each other." He mumbled into my hair. 

I blinked, the tears wetting his skin but I stayed quiet, wishing my life could just end. 

______________

Rylan:

"Are you fucking out of your mind, Rylan?" Andrew swore at me, his face twisted in a scowl. "Your new mate is a fucking vampire, who just so happens to be the girlfriend of the most powerful vampire in the  continent? You're fucking shitting me right now." He crushed a beer bottle with the underside of his fist and swore even louder, his body now starting to twitch slightly. 

"This is bad," Tyler added, giving me a pointed look. "But I thought your mate was-" 

"Don't finish that sentence." I glared at him, "unless you want to go rogue, Tyler." I growled menacingly, trying to calm myself. 

"She's hot. I'd-" Daniel commented, but I cut him off by nearly ripping his arm off, and tackled him to the ground. I was close to ripping out his throat when Andrew pulled me back and jabbed the broken beer bottle into my arm. I howled in pain and wanted to use my alpha tone, but I knew I couldn't with Andrew. He's my best friend and trusted Beta. I knew I couldn't do it. 

"Stop thinking with your dick, Rylan." He reached and pulled the bottle out, causing me to wince. "Landon declared war. You need to stop being a pussy and start dealing with everything."

"Mate." I thought to myself as I pictured her again, those greenish blue eyes that we so similar to Vienn- While hers had a hard, defiant edge to it. I hurt so much just to see her with that other guy. I didn't want to think about him, how his hand rested on her waist and how he whispered into her ear, how one of her hands clung desperately to his arm. 

"Rylan. Seriously. Snap out of it. The whole pack is falling apart, all because you can't get your shit together." Andrew growled in my ear, pulling me away from Daniel by the arm, yanking me hard and fast. I heard a bone crack, but paid it no special attention. 

I rubbed my elbow and sat down near the window, pressing my back against the cold surface of the wall. I closed my eyes, and tried to calm myself, but all I could think about was that girl's face, her tear-stricken face. 

"Rylan." Andrew sighed, dragging a chair towards me and he plopped himself down, and then he sighed again wistfully. "I know this is hard for you right now. But you have to fucking understand that you lacking in your job fucks us up too. I know she's your mate, but her boyfriend is about to kill all of us because you fucked up." 

I breathed out and opened my eyes, staring up at Andrew. "I'll leave if that means it'll keep the pack safe." 

Andrew shook his head and then choked out a dry laugh. "You fucking retard. You think I'm just gonna let you leave me with this pile of shit?" 

Note: Sorry this chap is so short...and that i haven't been uploading...I got writers block...again. :)

But i will be uploading more frequently...I hope.... 

Toodles!