Chapter 7

~Nathan Sykes~

It’s been a week since Layla opened up to me and we’ve actually gotten pretty close, but that was probably about to end soon seeing as the boys were on their way back right now. We agreed that when the boys walk through those doors that we’d go back to ‘hating’ each other. It was probably for the better, the guys don’t understand her, they wouldn’t understand why I liked her all of the sudden and Layla still doesn’t like the guys. She finds them annoying and stupid.

What she didn’t was that I was going to get her and the boys to like each other by the end of this year. I wasn’t sure how, but it was going to happen one way or another.

~Layla Brooks~

Okay, maybe Nathan wasn’t as bad as I thought, but I know for a fact that the others are. From day one, Nathans has been there for me, even though I wouldn’t let him come near me. The others? All they have done is annoyed and terrorized me. So there was no way I was going to let them know about me and Nathan getting close.

The guys were going to be there in an hour and Nathan and I were on the couch watching the football game. I was lying down with my feet on his lap and my all of my attention was turned to the TV. As soon as a commercial came on Nathan opened his mouth to speak.

“You know, the boys aren’t as bad as you think.” He looked over me and I made a face.

“Not happening Nath. There is no way I’m going to give them a chance, they’ve be rude to me since I first came in!” I glared at him.

“Layla, playing pranks on you isn’t rude, that’s how they show their love.” He sounded as though he was trying to convince himself that they were really just playing pranks as much as he was trying to convince me.

“Right. Okay. Still not happening Nathan.” I turned my attention back towards the TV and he sighed.

~*~

As soon as Nathan and I heard voices coming from the other side of the front door, Nathan pushed me off of the couch. I fell onto the floor with a thump just as the guys walked through.

“Thanks a lot Nathan. I probably broke my nose.” I glared as I stood up and started walking away. To be honest it didn’t feel right being rude to Nathan anymore. It kind of hurt.

“Trust me you’d be in a lot more pain than you are now if you broke your nose.” He laughed bitterly and I continued walking to my room.

“Good to be back right guys?” Jay chuckled.

“No.” Tom replied bluntly.

“Oh yeah.” Max sarcastically answered Jay’s question and patted Nathan on the shoulder before playing with his ear and Siva just groaned.

“Well you guys didn’t have to deal with her for a week!” Nathan groaned and with that I slammed my door shut.

~Nathan Sykes~

As soon as Layla shut her door I looked at the guys seriously. “Something isn’t right.”

They all stared at me for a minute before max finally asked, “What do you mean?”

I sighed, how was I supposed to say this without telling the guys me and Layla are friends now?