Prologue

~Jayne Collins~

“Ms. Collins, you do understand that Miss Brooks has been into a lot of trouble recently, right? We need to put her through something that’s more life changing, something to tell her that if she keeps coming back into this court room that she will end up going to prison. I just don’t know if you are going to be ‘life changing’ enough for her.” The judge looked up from the papers I had just given him.

“She’s young and misunderstood your honor. I’ll make sure she stays out of trouble if she’s working for me, she’ll never leave my sight. If I am correct, this isn’t the first time she’s been sentenced to community service. Maybe she just hasn’t been put in the right programs.” I shrugged my shoulders making sure my eyes never left his, not even for a second. He looked back down to his papers, reading the fine print and looking at ever detail.

I saw his face fall slightly and he looked back up at me with a sigh. “Fine, she has nothing left anyway.” He then turned to the young girl sitting at a table over to the side. “Layla Brooks, you will be spending one year with Ms. Collins doing everything she asks. Do you understand?”

She glanced at me and smirked. She thought this would be an easy way out of prison, she thought that she’d be able to do anything under my control. She was so wrong. She looked back at the judge and laughed, “If I didn’t know better, I’d say you’ve gone soft.” The judge rolled his eyes, obviously used to the way she acted, but to me, this was unacceptable. This attitude of hers will be gone by the time I’m finished with her.

“Don’t push it; you still may go to prison, because if I get even one bad report from her during her checkups, I will make sure you are in there for at least a year. The damage you have cause to this city is unacceptable.” He looked at her sternly and she just rolled her eyes. I don’t understand how her parents think this is an acceptable way to act. Was she not taught right from wrong? I looked back up at the judge as he gave me all the information I needed.

Layla Brooks would be staying under my watch for one year. I will be picking her up tomorrow, the third of January at 7:30 in the morning. The project she will be working on is working with the new boy band The Wanted. They had only been together about seven months; most of those months were spent in the studio recording. She will be doing everything I ask and everything the boys ask, not to mention she’ll have to stay with the boys too. This girl was going to realize the mistakes she’s made by the time we were done with this year.

In my opinion it will be easier to deal with her verbally than physically. I know some people think violence is the answer when it comes to girls likes her, but it’s not. I will make sure she knows what she’s done wrong.

I grabbed my bag and walked out the door, going over to the boy’s house to prepare them for Layla. I don’t really know what their reactions will be, but I’m hoping that it’ll be good.

~Layla Brooks~

So I’m stuck living with some woman, and her boy band, for a whole year. If you think about it, it’s not as bad as I’m making it sound. I mean, how hard can it be to work with a boy band? They are probably only like twelve years old anyway. Maybe if I’m on my ‘best’ behavior I could get out of doing more work.

Honestly I couldn’t care less if they put me into prison. It’s not like they can keep me in there for over a year anyway. I didn’t murder anyone, I just ‘vandalized’ part of the town and I stole like something from a liquor store. Yeah, I’ve done it more than once, but it doesn’t matter, I’m not that bad of a person, am I?

I know I have an attitude, but who no one should care about that, they don’t have to be in my life if they don’t want to. If they don’t like the way I act then they can just leave. They don’t even know who I am, so why do they care so much about what I’m doing?

~*~

A/N: The first chapter will be posted tomorrow. Enjoy. xx :)