August 4

August 4, 1999 (8:00 AM)

I had a weird dream last night. I was in school sitting on the chair where I observe other students, right in front of Mr. Roffer's office and everybody was doing the usual things like opening lockers, talking and walking from room to room; But the weird thing is everybody had a paper plate mask with a smiley drawn on it. So, I started to walk down the hall and I saw some guy's mask fall off; And you know what I saw? Sadness, a frown and tears. Weirdly enough, in that dream I realized that a lot of people are actually sad without actually showing it.

Anyway, we are getting far away from the main predicament -I should have used problem but you know. Today, Jed is going to do his uh...deed to Mr. Roffer's room. I have been thinking last  night about Jed and I think he's being reckless, too reckless. 

I'm very confused and I don't know what to do, should I let him do it and let his parent's discover it by themselves or should I stop him? but he wouldn't listen to me. He might listen to Alice though. I really don't know what to do.

I just had an idea, maybe I could ask Mr. Rickfield for advice. People say he's wise 'bout  these things. Yea! I should pay my neighbor a visit. He seems nice and approachable enough.

I should get up. I've had enough rest, but I bet it's not enough.

~End of Log

August 4, 1999 (10:00 AM)

I'm currently walking towards Mr. Rickfield's house. I like writing so much that I would write while doing things.

I hope he's nice and like what people say. I'm worried he might just get angry because he might be sleeping or something. I also hope that he's as wise as people say he is.

I'm here in front of his door, taking a deep breath before I ring the doorbell. 

~End of Log

August 4, 1999 (10:30)

I'm in my room just lying on my crumby bed.

I've still been thinking what to do and all these thinking just exhausted me. I think writing would probably get it off my nerves, just for a little while. Now, what to write? what to write? Ah! I'll just write about my visit to Mr. Rickfield. I was just gonna write a short paragraph about it but since I have the need to write I'll try to write it as long as possible - Not that long though, I don't want to bore you or anything. OK. I'm gonna start.

I took a deep breath and ranged the doorbell. I was expecting the old man to open his door in a short while. While I was standing there I was anxious to talk to him and ask him for advice. At that moment I really didn't know if he would be one of those very grumpy ones or those friendly and wise ones or even the kind that wouldn't hear you even if you scream. Personally I hope he's nice and hopefully he knows what to say.

I hear his foot steps coming to the door. I hear him unlocking all the locks on the other side. Finally, he opens the door and I immediately greet him in this enthusiastically fake tone, because I came there  with worrisome reasons.

Of course he greeted me back. He seemed nice; he had black hair with a little bit of white ones sticking out. He was about the same height as me which which was about more than three-quarters of the door frame. He invited me inside his house and offered me a cup of tea which I really dislike so I turned down the offer. He then sat down on the couch on the other side of the coffee table, smiled at me and asked me why I was here. I then told him the situation and asked him for some advice. He said "You seem like nice boy, a real friend and I think you're the kind of person that could actually prevent someone from doing something stupid. I think you should go stop him because prevention is much better than a cure". We talked a little bit after that but after awhile I left leaving him nothing but a thank you but before I closed the door on the way out he said with a smile "Your friends and family are lucky to know you, and I'm lucky to know you as well."

Well, that's what happened in there. Anyway, do you like my italicized writing? I've been practicing for a while now and I think I've perfected it. Now I gotta go and stop Jed, just like what Mr. Rickfield said.

~End of Log

August 4, 1999 (12:00 NN)

 I went to Jed's house earlier but his mom said he was gone since he woke up and he doesn't have a phone, so now I have to wait for him in front of Mr. Roffer's office. He didn't really mention what time he's gonna do it but I guess I have to wait there. 

Oh! I almost forgot. Lunch was DELICIOUS!

~End of Log

August 4, 1999 (1:00 PM)

Ugh. I've been waiting for him for about an hour. Mr. Roffer's office is right in front of the chairs where I usually sit in every wednesday. It's where I just sit and observe people as they pass by, so with my new cellphone I'm pretty comfy here.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna write about my new phone but don't consider this as bragging since I have nothing to do until Jed comes. My new phone has games in it that I can use if bored or if I have nothing else to do. It has the capability to send picture messages so I can send Jed an animated happy birthday picture when I'm away somewhere, which will almost never happen. It's also one of the first phones to have an "Internal Antenna" which is great because I really do'nt want to have an antenna sticking out of my pocket all day. I think this phone is great and I'm glad that I bought it. My phone was made by a company in Finnland and it's model number is 3220 or 3210. I can't remember.

~End of Log

August 4, 1999 (2:00 PM)

It's been an hour and I'm getting bored. I'm starting to get sick of these games. I need someone to talk to the only person that has phone that I could possibly talk to is Alice but I really want to avoid a nuisance with me.

Ugh! I can't stand this. I'm telling her about it now.

I think I'm gonna write even more just to save me from boredom.

~End of Log

August 4, 1999 (3:00 PM)

It's been an hour again but this time it wasn't so lonesome because Alice arrived, five minutes ago! She is just so slow. It's a good thing that I'm not planning to let any of my friends or family see or even peek inside this journal.

Hey! Jed is here, better talk some sense into him.

~End of Log

August 4, 1999 (3:10 PM)

Something went wrong! Something went really wrong. Damn Alice, she told Jed's mom. I hate her so much! And if you're wondering I got really angry at her and she ran away; But I don't care! She can run and cry as much as she want! Once again her stupidity won over her tiny mind! I shouldn't have trusted her.

Jed was just picked up by his mom. I bet he'll be sent to military school but I hope not. I really hope not.

~End of Log

August 4, 1999 (7:00 PM)

Jed just called. He said that his parents might not send him to that school that's far from here; But he said I shouldn't keep my hopes up because they may decide otherwise. 

I'm really tired now and I think I should sleep because I have school tomorrow and I'm coming over to Jed's to help him convince his parents not to send him.

~End of Log