[Chapter Nine] Welcome Home

This chapter is back to Adrianna's POV, so yeah, enjoy!! READ   COMMENT   VOTE

Welcome Home

‘Addie, come on love, I have somewhere I want to show you, d’you mind?’ Andrew said as he took hold of my hand and gave me a quaint smile, his eyes full of happiness, his golden hair glistening in the faint sunlight. I simply nodded and smiled back at him. 

The day seemed to be calm and peaceful as we walked through the thick canopy of the bush. I could hear the faint rustlings of the animals scurrying about and the sounds of birds chirping high above. 

The fallen branches and roots, made me lose my footing more than enough times and I felt myself getting frustrated at the fact I couldn’t walk more than three metres without tripping. We’d been walking for a few minutes now, and as if sensing my frustration, Andrew stopped and bent his knees slightly as he looked back at me.

‘Come on Addie, get on, we’ll never get there at this rate’ I sheepishly climbed onto his back, wrapping my arms and legs around his body. 

I was surprised he could still walk with my body weight on holding onto him, but nonetheless we got to a small patch of water, almost like a tiny oasis. There were dragonflies skimming the surface of the peaceful water. Small water plants around the edges of the water and I couldn’t help but smile when I saw a small picnic basket in between the treeline and the water.

‘This is beautiful, so peaceful and quaint, thank you this is just what we needed’ I sighed as I turned my head slightly to kiss Andrew’s cheek, a cheesy grin growing on his angular features.

I hopped down off his back hastily and slowly walked over to the water, it wasn’t any bigger than a twenty five metre pool, but it wasn’t a pond, I could see that you could probably take a swim in it. I turned around to check if Andrew was still behind me and I grinned at him. Only, it wasn’t him that was behind me, instead his body was lifeless on the ground, a slight, lithe bodied girl towered over him, her foot pressed against his chest. She had a cold look on her face, and a sadistic smirk directed at me as she waved her fingers at me.

I shot up out of bed as I woke up from my dream rather abruptly. Sweat covered my forehead and my breathing came in pants, my heartbeat was increasing with every passing moment and the image of Andrew, lifeless and bloody on the ground caused a round of sobs to rack my body.

What was the whole point of that dream? I mean was it some kind of sign that something bad was going to happen? Perhaps that one day, that girl would come and break Andrew and me apart? Bonkers, absolutely bonkers, you can’t break what never was. I stayed in bed, covered up to my chin in my sheets and let the sobs subside, and the tears stop falling before I quickly stepped out of bed and grabbed my slippers before walking out of my room sleepily. 

As I walked past my mother’s room I heard soft murmurs and whispering, and continued on my way. She was probably just talking to someone on the phone. I walked down the stairs tiredly and made my way to the kitchen; taking a glance at the back door to see that the small drapes on it had been opened and that there was a knife near the door. I thought it odd for a knife to be near the door so I quickly picked it up before making my way to the kitchen as I originally planned.

I set the knife back into the knife block before making my way to the fridge and opening it, letting my tired eyes scan the contents of the fridge. I jolted slightly when I heard sounds of laughter and the sound of two pairs of feet bounding down the stairs. I smiled to myself as I realized that my mother had actually listened to me and finally moved on.