[Chapter Two] The Perfect Stranger

I have nothing to say but, read, vote and comment. Oh and that I hope you like it :)

****

The Perfect Stranger

“You know Adrianna, I’m surprised you can even survive the company of this guy for more than three minutes” a random girl said from behind me as she sauntered her way next to Dean. It was kind of obvious from that close proximity she had to him that this girl liked him, but for the love of all things good, she couldn’t seem to remember what in the world the girl’s name was.

“Who are you again?” I asked as I looked at Dean, my eyes pleading for help as he shrugged at me and stifled a laugh.

“Catalina Price, I’m the girl who works down at the computer repairs centre when I have free time during lectures” she  said as she stole a glance at Dean. She was pretty, petite. Probably less than a 170cm. She had that air about her that signaled she was one of those good girls, but with an edge. 

“Oh I remember you now, you helped me recover all the stuff I lost on my laptop right?” I said, trying to make it seem like I actually did remember her, when in reality I didn’t remember her at all. Campus was huge, and you met a lot of people, you were bound to remember some and forget more than you remembered.

She was about to open her mouth to reply when another figure stepped up from behind me and punched Dean light heartedly on the shoulder. Before they turned towards me and nodded in my direction.

“Hey Adrianna, how’s it going?” 

“Oh you know, just trying to get to class, but there are two idiots called Dean and June in my way” I said innocently as they both faked hurt and smirked down at me. 

“Don’t be such a goody two shoes girl, you know, I heard there were a couple of new students coming today. You guys thinking what I’m thinking?” June said as she pulled out three name tags from her bag along with a Sharpie. That glint of mischief flashed in her eyes and I couldn’t help but smile at the confused expression on Catalina’s face.

“Damn Vegas, how in the hell do you think of all this crap?” Dean said as he tore a nametag from her grasp and started scribbling his name onto it before sticking it on his shirt and cocking an eyebrow at me. 

“Do I look legit enough?” he asked.

“Dean, don’t scare the poor people away” I said as June stuck a nametag on her own shirt and the two of them looking expectedly at me. 

“I’m not doing it, I’d rather not be responsible for scaring the fresh meat, invite them to have lunch with us will you? I have to get to class” I said, walking away from them and hearing their groans of exasperation.

“She’s such a fun pooper” “Seriously Dean? A fun pooper?” “Ow, goddamn it Vegas, quit it” 

I smiled as I walked further away from them and hearing their bickering growing fainter. Sometimes, I don’t know how we became friends, but I guess it worked out okay. They were always the outgoing and fun ones, while I was the introverted, careful one. But then again there was Oliver. He was like our; I guess you could say our ‘alpha male’. One look from him and June and Dean would literally shut up and cower away. It was kind of funny to watch really.

“Hey, guess who?” a deep voice said as two hands covered my eyes. Their breath fanning over my neck and causing shivers to run along my body.

“Would it happen to be a certain dark haired, blue eyed freak named Oliver?” I said with a smile on my face as the hands came off my face and I opened my eyes to see him right in front of me. His hair was windswept and his cheeks rosy. He’d probably just finished training or something.