Chapter 28

Minerva POV

I've been crying for at least ten minutes, holding the present that Martijn gave me in my hands. I still don't know what this wrapped thing is tho.

I decide to eventually unwrap it, revealing a really cute planner. The thing that attracts me the most is the sentence printed on the cover: 'make every day count'

This is the cutest present ever. No doubt: I'll use it as a diary /organizer for my study sessions.

I notice a little paper being placed inside, in between pages.

I slowly take it out.

'Your opinion is the only one you should care about'

The sentence takes place on heavy paper, written in capital letters. That's Martijn's calligraphy...

... It's not that cute, but it is for me.

Holding my new loved journal I decide to finally go to my seat, hoping that no one will be occupying it.

Thank God it isn't.

Christina notices me approaching her.
"Hey..... Are you OK?" she asks me.

I make myself comfortable in my seat, which is right in front of Christina's.

"Yes, I am. I'm just a little sad"

She starts to laugh and caresses my shoulder.
"You know that he will visit us. He will"

"I know, but that's still a sad leaving"

She nods, and then looks at the thing I'm holding in my right hand.

"Wait. What's that?" she says pointing at my agenda.

"Martijn gave me a present...."

I hand it to her and she looks at it. She looks at the paper too, asking what does that mean.

"Oh, just a conversation between me and him"

"That's a beautiful present"

She hands it back to me and looks outside the train window.

"By the way, I still think that you two fucked."

"No. We actually didn't. End of quote" I answer.

"Then you must be a really special person to him. More than a friend, less than a girlfriend"

"He says that I'm his girlfriend without benefits" I tell her laughing.

"What? Hahaha"

"It isn't 100% true actually" I say, forgetting that Christina doesn't know the fact of me half naked on his hotel room bed.

"What do you mean? Uuuhhh you kissed! Oh God!"

"Noooo. No no no we didn't. We Eskimo kissed tho. But that's not the point"

"Then? Girl you have to tell me...."

Christina is my best friend. She knows everything about me. Also my secrets. And telling her this surely won't eclipse our friendship.

"OK. Ok. He accidentally saw me half naked"

"IIIIII KNEEEWW IT! shit I would have won a bet if I made one. By the way, how did that happen? "

"He threw me into the pool, you know that, don't you?"
She nods.

"Well, I had no underwear. Martijn was drying mine with an hairdryer.

I put on my panties, then he offers to dry my hair. But the towel I had over my chest unwrapped and...... Well. He actually saw one boob"

"Oh. My. God. That's kinda embarrassing to tell."

"Yeah. I think I was red of embarrassment in that moment"

"Hahaha. He's still a great guy"

"He is"

Christina POV

I can't stop thinking about what Martijn did yesterday. Do you remember what I told Miné? I told her that I asked Martijn to stay, because of something that I would have explained her later.

Do you want to know?
He was checking her out, literally undressing her with his sight. And when he knew he could stay.... He acted like a child with her, unmisunderstandable sign of attraction. Plus when he came into the tent first, his sight was lost because of Miné having a make out session with her 'almost boyfriend'.

So, theory confirmed. He likes her.

We are at about half of the trip, near Rotterdam. Chris just texted me, saying that he already arrived at his parents' home and he'll pick us up in one hour. That's fine, I guess.

"Got news from Chris?" Miné asks me while chewing a soft strawberry candy.

"Yes, he is already home"

"Great. Thanks to you we don't even have to take the bus!" she says.

"And thanks to you we had the best weekend of our life"

"Thank God he slapped my ass" she laughs.

I nod.

"So. This weekend I got a boyfriend, you got a kinda-boyfriend and last but definitely not least, the one and only Martin Garrix. That's not too bad"

"Yeah, I believe that too." she answers.

I only now remember about Peter, my best friend's boyfriend who I don't trust at all.

Yes, you heard me. I don't like that guy. He convinced Miné to be his girlfriend without even talking that much. Two kisses were enough.

I seriously hope to be wrong. Because I don't want a friend with a broken heart. I have to admit that I talked about this with Chris too, and he agreed with the fact that Peter was too fast with this.

He also said that he doesn't believe that he doesn't have a girlfriend anymore. But let's ignore this fact, we are probably just exaggerating.

"Sooo.... How is it going with Chris?" Miné asks me.

"Great. I don't actually know how the heck he's interested in me, but I don't mind"

"Come on, you are a gorgeous girl. But I think you two are together because of your personalities"

"That's possible. And how about you and Peter?"

"We are trying to figure out how we can make this work. Actually we aren't official. Just.... Friends who kiss and whatever."

"I understand. So it's him who you were texting with before?"

"Yes, he's already home"

"Do you have any plans to meet up with him?"

"He was planning to come to Amsterdam next week, probably in 10 days."

"That's fair. But tell me. How does it feel to have Martijn as a 'friend'" she asks doing quotes with her hands at the word 'friends'.

"He's a good friend. He's much more than what I could have ever believed"

"He's so funny, plus he has a great model body" I admit.

"A model body?..... Hahaha. Yesterday, in his hotel room I helped him to decide what to wear for his performance. Well, I don't know how the heck he managed to get into yesterday's pants with his lunch belly"

"Well, he scoffed all his giant pasta dish in two minutes. But he had abs when he removed his t-shirt yesterday"

"Fucking fast metabolism....." she exclaims "... That's not fair"

"Nevermind, oh BTW, should we offer Chris our shower later? He surely won't have time to refresh since he only will drop his things home"

"For sure. Tell him to bring clean clothes"

I quickly text Chris to bring clean clothes, as he can use our shower. A few seconds later he messages me back, saying thank you.

"He answered, ok" I say putting away my phone.