Chapter Six: My Real Life Superhero (And His Sidekicks)

I sighed softly, my mind refusing to think of anything other than Toby. Today was the fourth and last day of VidCon 2012 and I had tried my hardest to stay away from Toby. Every once in a while, we’d spot each other from across the room and our eyes would meet, but I’d quickly look away and pretend to be doing something else. It also pained me when he had to get up on stage and sing some stuff. That same stage where’d I’d first ever actually locked eyes with Tobuscus.

Brooke had left early to go spend some time with Evan in Ohio. She’d had a tough time leaving me here by myself, but I assured her I’d be fine. I was almost a grown woman at the age of twenty two and could most certainly take care of myself.

As of now, I’d just gotten through eating at a local Italian restaurant. Having no means of transportation, I decided to just walk back instead of hailing a cab, which would take money out of my airplane ticket back home. And I kind of needed that. My sandal’s soles clicked against the sidewalk as I walked and I shoved my wallet into the back pocket of my purple skinny jeans.

I’d already passed at least five alleyways and I was now thinking it’d just be a good idea to stop and call for a cab to drive me back to the hotel. But being the stupid, ignorant minded woman I am, I kept on walking, hoping my courage didn’t put me into a bad position. But as luck would have it, I’d screwed myself over.

I yelped as someone wrapped a muscular arm around me, and pulled me back into them. Before I could scream for help, they smacked their palm over my mouth, cutting off all sound. The person pulled me back into an alleyway, away from the light of the stores and streetlamps. I tried to bite into their hand, but their grip over my mouth was too hard and I couldn’t. Unwanted tears started to fall from my eyes as I realized that tonight could most probably be the last night anyone would have seen me alive. After we’d gotten far enough away from the sidewalk and deeper into the alley, the person released me.

“Got any money, pretty lady?”

My hands shook as I withdrew my wallet from my back pocket and handed it to him.

He smiled. “Good.” He pulled out the three hundred and twenty five dollars I had set aside for my plane ticket back. Then he turned back to me. “Now let’s say we have some fun, shall we?”

I gulped. “Let’s say we not?” I tried.

The man just laughed. “Come on. Pretty girl like you should be well experienced, right?”

I gasped, offended. “Well, I’m not! And I sure as hell won’t be screwing you any time soon!” Oh shit, what did I just do?

I felt the sting before I even saw the hand fly towards my face. I fell backwards, my backside connecting with the ground. Before I even had time to recover from the slap, he’d pulled me up and slammed me against the wall. The bricks dug into my back, causing me to cry out.

“No…” he murmured. “I would have thought you were smarter than to know not to say no to me.”

“I just did, didn’t I?” I gasped out, trying to ignore the pain in my spine.

I watched his jaw clench as he stared at me, then he flung me down. I cried out again, as my head connected with the cold, grimy ground. As my attacker prepared to come toward me for another round of pain, I heard an all too familiar voice.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“Toby…” I murmured, a pained smile coming to my face as I let myself relax. I groaned softly as someone lifted me up into their arms.

“It’s going to be okay. We’re going to get you out of here.”

I looked up to find Sean Klitzner’s face staring at something in front of him. I was in Sean Klitzner’s arms and he was carrying me to safety while Toby-

“Toby.” I mumbled and Sean looked down at me.

“Don’t worry. Toby’s fine. He’s got Jack as backup.”

I let myself relax some. Toby would be fine. He had Jack Douglass backing him up. They’d beat my attacker up and they’d both be fine. Neither would get hurt. Ha, look at me trying to be Ms. Positive today. I hoped with all my heart, as I drifted off to sleep in Sean’s arms, that Toby would be fine. Maybe if I kept telling myself he would be, then it’d be true. But then again, maybe not.

--AN: Short again?! D: So sorry! But I took the matter of making a cute Toby picture slideshow together on Photobucket! And the video is one of Jack's (Jacksfilms) Your Gammar Sucks with Tobuscus and Sean Klitzner. :D Enjoy! Be awesome and what not. Skittlez out!