Chapter Five: Goodbyes Are Always Hard (Part One)

Dedicated to Rocky- for making the fantastic cover of the story. And for being the first to give me constructive criticism. Remember guys! I won't bite your head off you have something you need to tell me that goes in line with constructive cirticism. It makes me a better writer! So do it!

Chapter Five: Goodbyes Are Always Hard (Part One)

“I should probably get back to the hotel…” I told Toby, looking at the time on my phone. Gabe had left a little over an hour ago, leaving me and Toby to finish our Tekken rematch.

“Yup, you’re right. I believe my babysitting job is now officially over.”

“Babysitting job?” I asked, staring at him.

“Yeah. You’re friend told me to watch you, remember?” He winked at me.

“Whatever.” I replied and rolled my eyes.

He smiled and pushed me toward the door. “Alright, let’s go.”

We both climbed into Toby’s car and he started off towards the hotel. A couple moments later, my phone started ringing.

“Ello,” I answered.

“Where in the hell are you, Bella?!”

“Woah, chill. I’m just with Toby. We’re coming back to the hotel right now.”

I heard an audible sigh. “Thank God. You should have called me!”

“Whoops. Sorry. But don’t worry. I was in good hands.”

“I know, I know… I’ll see you soon.”

“Yup, bye.” I hung up before letting Brooke tell me goodbye and rested my head back on the headrest of the seat. Toby and I had fallen into comfortable silence. My eyes were drooping a bit, even though I’d napped twice today. See, the problem was, I was always tired. I was diagnosed with insomnia at age fifteen, after my mother noticed dark circles under my eyes and had questioned me about them. Her first conclusion was that I was sneaking out at night to see some boy, but I sure as hell wasn’t that kind of girl. After a few more nights, she took to a doctor who confirmed my disorder. It wasn’t so much that I couldn’t fall asleep. It was more like I had trouble staying asleep. I’d wake up at least ten times a night at least. And it’s a real pain.

“Tired again, Bellabuscus?”

I laughed lightly. “Bellabuscus?”

“Well, you might as well be a Buscus now.”

I thought for a moment. “Toby… what IS a Buscus?”

He was quiet for a moment, but finally responded. “I don’t know…”

I looked out the window to see the beautiful hotel in front of me. Toby parked the car and offered to walk me up to my room on the tenth floor. “No, Toby, that’s fine. I’m pretty sure I’m capable of walking myself up to my room.” I told him and stepped out of the car, only to be met by pain surging from my ankle.

He raised an eyebrow. “Your ankle doesn’t think so.”

I rolled my eyes as he came around to my side of the car and picked me up, after shutting the car door. Toby carried me to the elevator where we rode up to the tenth floor, to where he then continued carrying me to my room. When we got there, he set me down.

“Hey, thanks for taking care of me and not leaving me alone to die of boredom.” I told him, smiling.

“Pfft, guurrl, anything for a member of the audience!”  He replied and ruffled my hair.

“Right. It was honor to be in your presence, Mr. Buscus.”

“Same here.”

I pushed my pass key into the door, waited for the little light to glow green, and pushed the door open. I turned around. “Bye, Toby.”

“Bye, Bella.”

Our eyes locked and we stared at each other as I slowly closed the door, cutting off our gazes. The door clicked and I sighed, turning around and leaning against it.

“At least you got to meet him.” Brooke said, her hand on my shoulder as I stared blankly at the hotel room floor.

“Yeah… I guess…”

“Come on, let’s watch Dark Shadows!” she said excitedly, pulling me towards the beds. I knew she was trying to cheer me up; just being a good friend. But the truth was, I’d met a man today that I’d only ever dreamt about meeting. And even though I’d only spent seven hours with Toby, there was no way I’d ever be able to forget how good it felt to be around him.

--AN: Yeah, I know, don't kill me! It's short! I know. But I need to leave you with this. To keep you guessing on how they'll ever meet again. But here's a hint: It definitely won't be at VidCon, and she won't be going back to his house on her own. ;) Uh, pfft... I'm making a new slideshow with just cute little Toby pictures. ^_^ And contrary to what you guys think, I know where I'm going with this one. Will probably just take a while. 

The video on the side is my favorite of Tobuscus's Literal Trailers. It's the Literal Trailer for Darksiders Two, and I believe that, by far, it is the best one he's done yet.

Anyway, vote, comment... you know the deal. Be awesome and what not. Skittlez out.--