Oh Boy... (edited)

Rose's point of View...

After staying up half the night, unable to get a certain hot teacher out of my head, I woke up begrudgingly. I got ready super quickly, wearing leggings and a simple t-shirt as I was running late after the extra twenty minutes of sleep I opted for this morning. Mel was already sitting on my couch when I got downstairs. She would be late with me any time I was running behind.

listened to Mel talk about how hot Mr. Young was on the way to school. I was thankful when we were at school. I turned to Mel as we walked down the hallway. She said while masking jealousy, "So now that you are going to be spending a lot of extra time with that hunk of sexy, can you please admit to yourself that you are crushing hard?"

I rolled my eyes dramatically. I was kind of walking backward while I said, "It doesn't matter if I am or not. I'm concentrating on my grades no matter how drop-dead gorgeous Mr. Young is."

No sooner had I finished that sentence, I felt my back smash into what felt like a brick wall. I started to fall forward, but suddenly two hands wrap around my waist stopping me from eating the floor. Electricity spread over my body as the hands lingered a second longer than what was necessary. Oh, no. I heard the musical voice vibrate behind me, "Good morning girls. Miss Stone, I must scold you for not watching where you're going. He paused before adding very amused, "you did just run into your drop-dead gorgeous teacher."

I froze on spot and didn't turn around. My cheeks started to burn a bright red. I look over at Mel who was trying very hard to hide her clear amusement at my current situation. Oh, she thinks this is funny, does she? A mischievous thought popped in my head. I turned to Mr. Young and said, "Oh you thought I meant that? I was just quoting what Mel had said in the car." I lowered my voice to a mere whisper and continued, "I think she has a bit of a thing for you." I made my voice louder and continued, "See you later, Mr. Young."

I was shocked and confused as to where that confidence came from. I normally would not talk to any teacher like that, especially when it comes to non-academic related topics. Mel practically dragged me down the hallway giving me a death glare. I looked back once before I could stop myself to see Mr. Young wink at me. Did I just imagine that? Yes, I had to have, he is my teacher. I couldn't help the goofy smile that spread across my face regardless. Oh boy, this was going to be a long year.