[PFMH] Two

Challenge One: Deliver the dare...

I stare at the text on my screen. Deliver the dare. That can only mean one thing.

I groan, and text Lexi back. Challenge accepted. What other choice do I have?

All day, I look for Aaron Jaxter. But I don't see him. Not until the very end of school. I guess I get "lucky," because I find him right as I'm about to give up.

Before he's able to drive away in his expensive convertable, I run up and start waving my hands over my head.

"Wait!"

Aaron screeches to a stop, confused and irritated. Before he can say anything, I shove the note at him and dash away before he even realizes what's happened. Once I'm out of sight, I stop and text Aubrey, smiling to myself.

Challenge completed.

The plan, is in motion.

~~~

Aaron's P.O.V.

With one fist grabbing the front of his shirt, I shove Jack against the wall.

"Who is she?"

Jack flinches when I hiss in his face, but all he doesn is shake his head. I draw my other fist back, but someone grabs it from behind.

"Dude, calm down. I'm sure this chick has a Facebook. Let's just look her up. If you pound Jack, that's one less player we have for the game."

Only because it's Cody, and his words make sense, I let go of Jack's shirt and step back.

"Fine." I growl.

Cody turns on the computer and I fume silently. This 'Jess Hardin', whoever the heck she is, has the never to challenge me to a dare like this? She must really thing she's something special.

I pace back and forth until I hear one of the guys say something.

"Man, she's hot."

"You messin' with me?" I threaten.

"Heck no. Dude, I say you accept her dare or whatever. You could have some fun with it."

I grunt and dig the note out of my back pocket. Muttering the words to myself,I re-read it.

~~~

-Aaron Jaxter

I heard you're a player. So let's play a game.

I'm the new girl here at GrandScale High. You probably don't know me. Not yet. But if you have any taste for adventure, you will soon.

I've been dared to do something. And it involves you. Now before you get all excited, let me explain.

I've been dared, to date you.

Sounds simple enough, right? Wrong. Here are the rules:  

We'll sweet talk. 

We'll play fight. 

We'll tell each other good morning and good night every day. 

We'll take walks together.  

We'll give each other nicknames. 

We'll hang out with each other's friends. 

We'll go on dates. 

We'll hold each other. 

We'll kiss and hug.

But we can't say "I love you." to each other. Not until we mean it. And that's another thing. Whoever falls in love first, loses. So the point is, don't lose.

So, do you want to play my little game? Are you up for a challenge? Or are you too scared? I'm going to teach the player how to play his own game. Ready for a lesson?

-Jess Harden

(Oh, and you have to ask me out. So I'll talk to you soon!)

And just so you know, whoever loses has to do whatever the winner wants...

~~~

I stare at her name for a few seconds longer and then shove the paper back in my pocket.

"Send her a message." I say. "Tell her I accept." And then I turn to leave.

"Where're you goin'?" Jack asks.

I pause.

"Home."

My mouth twists into a grimace. And then I leave.

Jess's P.O.V.

"He friend requested you!" Aubrey squeals.

I smile bitterly.

"Accept it." Lexi orders. And then she looks at me. "It's a good thing we spiced up your Facebook, huh? And... everything else about you."

I wince, remembering my eyebrows being plucked, my body being waxed, my wardrobe being completely replaced, and the music on my precious iPod being redone. "You sure did." I mumble.

"Look! Look what he said!" Aubrey suddenly shouts. I can't help but scramble over to the laptop right along with Lexi. Did he accept? Do I have an actual challenge on my hands?

I accept.

Oddly enough, I'm relieved. But also annoyed. I can't help but remember how rude he was that one night. Does he even remember? Does he know me at all?

When I look over, Lexi's typing an answer. She hits send before I can stop her.

See you tomorrow ;)

I have to bite my tongue, hard, to keep from yelling at her. It's all part of the dare, I say to myself. It's all part of the dare.

But when he replies with You bet babe ;) , I can't stop myself from burying my face in my pillow and screaming as loud as I can.

This is going to be the hardest dare yet.

- Alyssa <3