Let's talk, Max...

AN: I saw some potential concept art for Warren's room awhile ago. It looked pretty awesome.

At least a couple people had mentioned theories about Mr. Jefferson being a time traveler or having the same or similar abilities to Max. This probably won't be canon, at least, not very much. And out of character? Maybe a little? But this has been bugging me for a bit to write, so I thought that I would try to...well, write it.

P.S. most of these stories kind of revolve around dreams, sleeping, insomnia, ect. Taking place when you're asleep or daydreaming? That type of stuff. But not every story is. IRL these are almost all written because of insomnia.

——————————————————————-

I'm so happy that I was able to help Kate, that I managed to talk her off of the rooftop, though I wonder if there might have been more I could do for her but I either missed it or ignored it.

But now, Kate was safe in the hospital, getting the help she needed and was far away from the toxic environment of Blackwell Academy.

I was a little out of it when I walked back into photography class, I didn't look up, didn't greet anyone. Not even Warren. If anyone said anything about it, I didn't hear it.

Mr. Jefferson has said something, but I'm not sure what and upon lifting my head to look at him, he must've seen something that I didn't. Lips forming a thin line as he shut his mouth, shook his head gently and turned back to the rest of the class and with that my head dropped again.

Partially out of curiousity, anxiety and an attempt to not let my mind drift to darker places, I had been trying to figure out how I had managed to freeze the whole school.

Was it a miracle? Yes. I didn't doubt that.

But could I do that again? Maybe not freeze an entire courtyard of people, but could I stop time and move freely? Of course, that hurt, very bad. 10/10 would not recommend to a friend.

It was dangerous and stupid...but I had been trying to repeat it, trying to figure out if I could do it more than once. If I could...maybe I could help Chloe more? Or Joyce? Or Arcadia Bay as a whole?

The world maybe. No. No a headache that bad would probably kill me, not that I was confident that it would work if I did try it on larger scales of people. Zero confidence in fact.

'You have a death wish, Max.'

This wasn't my best idea, though with everyone seemingly avoiding me now, it was easier to focus on trying to reach out like I had done, so many times before, though this time I was awkwardly having to keep my hands low and below the table. Like I said. Awkward. Though To be fair...I couldn't just raise a hand like I usually did, that would draw attention.

Repeatedly reaching out at nothing? Normal people don't randomly grasp at thin air.

My attempts had been pretty fruitless though, only managing to get a few nosebleeds, which I somehow had the foresight to hide.

Pausing for a moment, I lifted my eyes to glance at the clock and saw that class was ending soon.

'Crap...'

It's not like I had a time limit but my attempts to recreate the may my powers had distorted, grew a little bit more desperate.

'Let it go, Max. You're going to hurt yourself.'

There had to be someway to do this...what if rewinding wouldn't be enough in some situations?

The incident with Chloe and the train tracks suddenly flickered forth, she had gotten her foot wedged in between the tracks, I had just barely managed to get the train to switch tracks, Chloe  had been so close to getting hit- the train's whistle had been so loud it almost reverberated though us.