There are no rules in a snowball fight...

AN; Alas sad lack of actual snowball battles. Lack of sleep and we had a snow storm. Is seemed fitting...Random unrelated one shots oh boy. Apart from Insomnia.

An unfamiliar weight on my mattress woke me from my slumber. Here I had been wrapped up cozily in my blanket cacoon and I was just fast asleep and now something had disturbed the peace and quiet.

But what? Did something fall off the wall and onto my bed? No, that didn't make sense. With where I was laying the only contents nearby were my countless and seemly never ending collection of selfies. Those clearly didn't have enough heft.

Most of the other rational explanations hadn't really quite registered yet.

I inwardly chuckled to myself, eyes sleepily began to close again.

I don't know. Maybe there's a ghost in my room?

A moment later my eyes shot open and I went rigid in my bed.

A ghost? I mean, I didn't really believe in the paranormal. But with how things were going lately...It wasn't that far fetched.

I swallowed nervously before peeking my head out from the safety of my blankets to check for danger.

Thankfully I was not met by a terrifying ghost or monster. However, the sight of Dana, sitting on the edge of my bed and leaning over to stare at me...It startled me.

In a moment of panic I had tried to push myself up but I ended up pushing myself off of my bed, in doing so I had taken my pillow and all my blankets with me. My brief shriek of terror was swallowed up by all the blankets as I landed in a heap on the floor.

Dana quickly stood up and knelt down to free me from my blanket and pillow prison. Smiling apologetically as she placed my bed things back on my mattress and helped me to my feet, "I'm sorry Max, I didn't mean to scare you. I didn't realize you were so soundly asleep. When I knocked and you didn't reply, I thought you were just tired. Are you ok? You didn't hurt yourself did you?"

Too tired to stifle a yawn, I just shook my head, "Good morning, Dana. And no, it's fine, I'm fine. But why are you in my room? N-Not that I'm not happy to see you. I am. But it's just..."

While it wasn't unusual for Dana to come to visit and hangout or chill with me in my room and vise versa, I wouldn't have expected her to show up so early in the morning. When I was still asleep in bed. Granted she didn't know I was really, actually asleep.

I absentmindedly turned around to check the time, only to see that I had slept in.

By approximately twenty minutes.

I attempted to sidestep Dana in a panic, going to reach for my clothes. "We were supposed to be in class by now!"

However Dana took me by the shoulders and stopped me. "Max it's ok, we're not late. Not today anyway. Relax."

Her reply did little to quell my growing worry.

"Classes have been postponed for today. Though we have to make up the missed work, tomorrow." That last part was less than enthused.

I gently brushed past Dana and grabbed my shower things. Gathering a fresh pair of clothes along with them, I eyed my bed and blankets for a moment, contemplating if I should try to tidy it up. My curiosity about what Dana had said was stronger than my desire to remake my bed though. I took one last look before turning back around to face Dana and ask,

"Why exactly are classes postponed? Did something happen?"

She frowned and looked at me strangely. That was not comforting.