Chapter 5

I wake up and look around slowly... Sapphire was outside and Austin was awake next to me. I looked into the old, rustic fireplace and saw a few burning embers. Then I slowly looked up at Austin. His hair seems lighter and his wolf ears and tail were gone. He smiled down at me then stood up. I stood up with him as he walked outside and into the misty morning fog. I looked into the forest and could just make out Sapphire in a tree.

"Sapphire get down from there before you get hurt!" I yell out to her

.

"Not until he leaves!" She shouts back, sending a scournful glare in Austin's direction.

He just laughs and hugs me armorously. "I don't think we should let him go... I think we are better with him... safer..." She rolls her eyes and stays in the tree.

"Alice, you don't know why Sapphire hates me do you?" I look at him and shake my head slowly. "Well first off, I am a wolf, she is a feline... Second... well I'm not exactly supposed to be here..."

"What do you mean?" I whisper gently

"I am a traitor. I used to be part of the felines, but me and Sapphire ran away when a minor war began. I wanted to keep her safe. She was only 11 and couldn't handle the violence. But we got into an argument and in the middle of the night, I abandoned her," he said looking down. All I could think was: Jason... how did he react this morning to my mysterious absence?

"Oh... I see..." I walk away into the cottage and shut the door quietly. I wonder how Jason is doing...

**Jason Prov.**

I wake up and look around and notice... Alice is gone... I see a note on my chest and read it carefully...

No...

"Alice? Alice!?" I shout. Xaivier comes running in.

"I checked everywhere. She's no where to be found," he tells me.

"See? You should have kept your mouth shut! She's gone! She can't defend herself! Some wolf probably got hold of her. She is most likely dead by now."

He glares at me before running outside of the cave. I roll my dark eyes and grab my bag and run off into the woods. I've got to find her... Someone could have found her... Sapphire or some of the other felines... The wolf pack. I just need to find her.

I run through the the deep snow. Any and all tracks from last night were covered in pure white snow. I fall down to my knees and scream. I can't live without this girl. Something bad probably happened to her....

**Alice Prov.**

I sit on the moth-eaten couch in the cottage. Something inside me makes me feel horrible... I am just upset they would say that about me. I hug my knees close to me and frown. I hear the door creak open and see Austin's head poke in. I glance at him then turn back around.

"What's bothering you tiger?" He asks me, sitting down next to me and putting his muscular arm around me. I kind of try to push it away but give up. "Come on... Tell me."

"I abandoned my boyfriend and best friend... Jason..."

"Jason? I don't trust that guy Alice..."

I shake my head slowly. "He made me like this..." I tell him and look into the fireplace.

"See what I mean?" He says taking my chin and turning my pale face to focus on his. I smile and brush a few strands of hair out of my face. He kisses me softly and hugs me. "You deserve better than that douche bag."

I just smile and take his hand in mine. Once he kissed me I forgot about reality. It was like being in a beautiful dream. It was all going so perfectly...