Chapter 11

I'm sorry that this chapter is kinda short but I hope you like it....

Now this goes to mainly one of my friends: IM NOT UPLOADING MORE UNTIL NEXT WEEK. Sorry but I need to work on more of it so that I have more to upload when needed.

**************************************************

Chapter XI

**Austin**

I drop the box in astonishment.

"W-what?!" I shout half-angry half-confused.

"I.Want.This.Baby." she repeats slowly.

I feel a sickly turn in the pit of my stomach. My throat goes bitterly dry as anger creeps up into it. That anger wants to get out so badly. It feels like fingers were trying to pry up from my jugular to my throat just to make its dreaded escape. I don't say anything. I just stare blankly at her.

"Austin, I'm sorry it's just--"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WANT THIS BABY!?" the anger lashes out.

"Austin I--"

"No! This may not be MY FUCKING KID! It might be his! You really want the baby whose father could be that cold-hearted, unloving FIEND?!" My anger breaks free of the chains that had been restraining it.

"Austin, calm down! Just stop!" she shakes her head subtly and turns around to go back to the site. "Please," she whispers softly.

My heart beats rapidly as my mind continues to attempt at processing this. I blink a few times and tears slowly creep out of my eyes and down my hot cheeks. I look around at everything, trying to see if this was some form of a nightmare. I take a step forward. Another. Slowly, steadily. The soft crunch of my boots against the snow sends a light shiver down my back. Hesitantly, I pick up my pace a little so it is back to its normal rate.

Her words seem to echo within my thoughts... Why does she want this baby? Is she not aware of the dangers this baby could posess? This will slow us down, make our pack weaker. I feel like my heart has just been stabbed. Like her words were a sharp dagger that pierced themselves into me, causing me a great deal of pain. Did she mean what she said? Having children in this world--our freaky, deranged supernatural world--isn't as easy as in the normal world. We aren't normal people! We are... part-wolf...part-feline...and then the other realms like vampires, witches, demons, faeries, warlocks--anything really. I have a feeling that this won't end up very well...

I look up and find myself in the clearing. I drop the bag next to Ashlynn and Cole and keep walking. I just barely hear them exchange quiet, frantic whispers before they are out of earshot. I scrape together bits of food and shove them into another bag. I lift the bag up and swing it over my shoulder.

~A few days pass~

**Alice**

Everyday my stomach seems to expand. I keep getting morning sickness. I hide this from the others. They can't know. But they must. I have to tell them.

**Ashlynn**

The pills didn't help. I'm fat. My stomach mainly. Pain is always within me. Hiding this is near to impossible. But telling them would be the ideal choice.

**Cole**

I know that Ashlynn is pregnant. It's obvious. She does an awful job at covering up her symptoms. But... she's getting bigger quicker...

**Austin**

Shock is still flooding me, but I manage to pull along, day after day at our new-found campsite. Alice and Ashlynn have only gotten worse. The strike finally hit me yesterday that they are most likely both pregnant. This is a disaster.