Chapter 16

God, I've hobbled for hours now. What's taking so long? Is she okay? Did they get her? Are they okay? Is anyone hurt? I groan, plopping back down for the millionth time. I wish I could have gone with them but I could have gotten someone hurt or killed myself. I knew that and I was not about to leave my child alone.

Now, if I could have shifted I would have been right there with them.

But I can't and if I would have I still could have gotten me or someone killed. I couldn't have fought in wolf form with a broken leg. I thought about mind-linking with one of them but I'm to scared I'll distract one.

I always forget I have that.

What? I never use it. I don't have any friends so I have no one to talk to that way. Kenzie, well, she's too young for it and my parents, well, we just talk out loud.

I groan standing back up, again.

"Oh good God, Shaylee!" mom says exasperated. "Sit down, read a book, make a sandwich, something! But groaning and hobbling back and fourth," she huffs. "Stop worrying, you're making me worry." she grunts.

"How can I not worry? My daughter is out there. No telling what they are doing to her. The pack is out there going up against rouges. For petesakes, how do I not worry?" I huff sitting back down.

I hate to think what them rouges are doing to her. I hope nothing. She's just a baby.

Oh, that's right. We are dealing with rouges, and they care for no one.

What the hell was Joney thinking anyway? She's so stupid, I swear. If she wanted Noah that bad she could have had him.

I groan, putting my head in my hands when I hear the front door open and in walks my dad with a smile on his face. I jump up from my seat almost falling back down. Luckily, mom was there to catch me.

"Where is she?!" I demand. He smiles bigger, coming over to me and swoops me up bridle style. "Where is she?!" I growl at him.

"Clinic." he answers.

"Oh God, is she okay? What's wrong with her?" I start firing off questions panicked but he stops me.

"Woah, easy there. She's fine. I promise." he says.

"Then why is she in the clinic?" I ask confused.

"We just want to make sure she's okay." he tells me. I nod sighing in relief.

He takes us to the clinic and tells us what happened. Apparently, it was easy. They just saw how many of us there were and took off running, only a handful stayed to fight but was easily taken down. What took them so long was that Kenzie was locked in a room with what dad said damn near twenty bolt locks on it and a steel door.

That bitch wasn't about to let her go, was she?

Dad said she was well taken cared for. She had a clean bed, clothes, a fridge stocked with food, toys, bathroom, t.v, and a DVD player. Even candy.

Weirdo kidnappers.

We got to the clinic where she was sitting on the bed talking to Noah and smiling. I damn near jumped out of my dads arms.

"Kenzie!" I squeal.

"Momma!" she returns the squeal holding her arms out for me. Dad puts me down by her bed and I jumped into them hugging her tightly. I didn't want to let her go.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did they hurt you?" I panic pulling back looking her over.

"Fine momma." she chirps. I pull her back into a hug.

"God, I missed you so much baby." I breath hugging her tight.

"Missed you too." she says hugging me back.

We stayed that way until the doctor comes in. I sit on the bed then put her in my lap. Like I said, I did not want to let her go. When he was done giving her a clean bill of health she told me what happened to her while she was there. Nothing. They feed her, bathed her, one or two even played with her, and let her watch tv.

She was lied to though. They told her she'd have to stay with them from now on because Noah and I were dead.

What a thing to say to a child.

Assholes.

After that, I took her up for a bath to get her ready for bed. Well, mom did. I just stayed real close by. For some reason mom didn't think I could do it on my own. I wasn't going to argue. I was just glad to have my baby home. When we were done making sure she was fed, cleaned, and dressed we put her to bed in the room I was staying at. I changed my clothes and crawled up in bed with her. I just held on to her, loving that she was back in my arms.

Sometime in the the middle of the night I woke up thirsty. So, I hobbled downstairs to get me something to drink. When I get there Noah is there. I quietly pull a cup out then get me something to drink. I set the cup back in the sink turn and face him not saying a word.

Yeah, now I can get him.

I hobbled over to him standing in front of him. Still not saying a word. I pull my arm back and...

Smack!

I punch him right in the nose.

"What the hell is that for?!" he yells holding his nose.

"That's for your stupid whore kidnapping my daughter." I tell him calmly. I pull my arm back again pop him in the jaw. "And that's for being stupid! Man the fuck up, Noah! You can't control everything. I somewhat know what your problem is Noah and you're stupid. You're losing everything and it's your own doing." I say then hobble away back upstairs to bed.

Maybe that will knock some sense into him.

Ha! Probably not.

I don't want to leave but I can't sit back and watch Noah withdraw from her and I know that's exactly what he is going to do. He has already shown that by staying away from her today.

Sure, he was there when I came into the room but after that he left and neither one of us have seen him since. It's like once he knew she was okay, he bailed.

Idiot.

It's one thing to pull away from me. That's just fine but not Kenzie. She is his daughter. That's not fair to her. She doesn't deserve that kind of treatment.

Maybe I should wait a week before I decide anything. If he's still a father to her then I'll stay.

No problem, but if he doesn't then well go.

I know what you're thinking.

Dumbass.

I know I am, but that is her father. No matter what happens between us. He will always be her father and there's nothing I can do about that. I want her to have a father. She deserves one, but a good one and Noah is. Until this happened anyway.

So, if he still wants to be one then, yeah, I'll let him.

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Edited By: Callmelenaa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~