Chapter 3

He was nice enough to send me a wake up call from the front desk and a car. None of that mattered though. I was heartbroken and pissed off.

I went home and cried in my mother's arms that day. I cried for hours. I didn't cry because he took something that was meant to be special to me. No, it was special to me. It was romantic and with my mate. Of course it was with my mate. And we didn't just have a good roll in the hay. He was nice enough to send me a wake up call from the front desk and a car. None of that mattered though. I was heartbroken and pissed off.

We made love.

Everything about that night was slow and passionate. Plus, it was our first time. With anyone.

You ask why I have so much faith in it being his first time. Well, easy. Us wolves take our virginity to heart. That's meant for no one but your mate. Unless you rejected your mate or are rejected yourself. But he did not reject me. Plus, if he was experienced I don't think he would have fumbled around like he did.

It was bad on both parts. It was our first time, give us a break. Besides we were just kids trying to please each other. But it was still magical. To me anyway.

It wasn't until that Monday that my heart literally broke. I didn't hear nothing from him all weekend. Not that I really expected too but I could only hope, right?

Well Monday, on my way to my locker he stops me.

"That wasn't suppose to happen." he says. I scoff.

"Oh, don't worry Noah, it didn't." I sneer and walk away. That hurt and it hurt bad. I was nasty to everyone that day. It's not like any of them were my friends anyway.

Remember, I'm the school nerd.

It stayed that way for a month. Same old bullshit.

Even after losing his virginity he still didn't mess with girls. Yeah, I knew what he did and what he didn't do. I didn't care to know, by this time I lost interest in the whole mate thing. I didn't care what he did or who he did it with.

It just seemed everyone had to fill me in. He was still Noah.

Besides, it wasn't easy to keep a secret in a pack. Everyone knew your business. That's how everyone knew that Noah was my mate and knew to stay away from him. That's how everyone knew I was Noah's mate and knew to stay away from me. Everybody knew everything. Luckily, they didn't know what actually happened that night and tried to find out. I didn't know if Noah told or not. I'm guessing he didn't because no one made any remark about it. I damn sure wasn't going to tell.

Like I wanted to hear people sneer at me for getting screwed over by my mate. Yeah, I would have been the target. Not Noah. It's bad enough they mouth off for letting him treat me that way but that would have been worse. Why would you give yourself to a mate who doesn't want you?

I ask myself that all the time.

It wasn't until a month past that I had enough. I was fed up. I needed to get away and it didn't help with what I found out.

Pregnant.

Yep, I was pregnant. I was heartbroken and devastated.

And I was not going to let my child deal with the same fate I had to.

It was going to know it is loved.

I was not going to have my child knowing neglect.

No way.

It was my mom who figured out I was pregnant. I had been puking for a week straight and I guess it dawned on her.

"Oh no." she gasps as she held my hair for me.

"What?" I choke out.

"Oh, honey." she says, tearing up.

"Mom, am I going to be okay?" I ask her worriedly.

"Oh honey, you're going to be fine." she cries.

"Mom, what is it?" I ask impatiently.

"I'm not sure but I need to run to the store." she tells me. Uh okay. Sure mom, just leave me hangin' here. She gets up, and starts walking out of the bathroom. "Oh you're not going to school today." she says before she closes the door. I wasn't going to argue with that. So after I was done puking, I cleaned myself up and went to bed.

An hour later, she comes up with a bag. She hands it to me and tells me to go pee on it. I looked at her like she was nuts. Why would I pee on a bag?

"Not the bag, the stick." she says, rolling her eyes. Crazy say what? She takes the bag from me, showing me what she was talking about. No. I couldn't be, could I? The look on her face told me yes.

So I go to the bathroom and begin doing my business. Total of five sticks.

Positive.

Positive.

Positive.

Positive.

Positive.

I fell to the floor and began crying my eyes out. It couldn't be true. I was devastated. Not because I was pregnant. No, because of the father. There was no point in telling him and I wasn't going to let my baby grow up feeling unwanted.

"Mom, I can't do it." I cry in her arms.

"Yes you can, honey. Remember me and your father will be right there with you." she tells me.

"Noah?" I sob. She sighs heavily.

"You could leave." she reminds me. I could, couldn't I? Yeah, call me a bitch but I don't care.

With that decided, I picked myself up from the floor and said yes. She nods, standing up and tells me where I'll be going.

We left the bathroom and went to pack. I hated doing it but I couldn't let my child grow up that way. I'll tell them about it's father but I will also lie about it. And I will not stand by and watch my child get hurt everyday because Noah doesn't want him or her or because he just can't show love or whatever.

A child needs to know they are loved and wanted. And I planned on showing my child just that before the real world bites him or her in the ass.

Neglecting me is one thing but a child, no.

So I packed for hours then I was on a flight to Florida. I didn't say good bye to anybody but my parents. Besides, its not like I had anyone else to say goodbye to. Just Noah and I'm sure he wouldn't care.

He wouldn't even miss me.

I'm sure he was sitting in whatever class going on about his day. Probably happy I wasn't there. Out of sight, out of mind.

He'd be free to do whatever.

Several hours later I was there waiting for my cousin. I really don't know them because we live so far away from them and they belong to another pack but mom does keep in touch with her sister and called her. Told her what was going on and she was more than happy to have me for how ever long I wanted.

But I do plan on going back. With a big surprise.

One day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Edited By: Callmelenaa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment, Vote, Fan or anything else you'd like to do.