Chapter 8

Noah's POV

I squat down, watching them play from the spot I have been for the past few months. I know I've become a stalker but I just have to see them.

As much as I wanted to be mad at her for not telling me about Kenzie. I just couldn't. I understood.

I was an asshole to her.

She deserves better than me.

They both do.

But, I just can't let her reject me and move on.

As much as I love her. I know she'll never love me like that. And that's why I can't let her get close to me. I can't lose them. I won't lose them.

I'd rather have them close but far away than not at all.

I know why I'm the way I am but I can't help it. Everything I've ever loved has left me.

My mother.

My sister.

And I won't let that happen with Shaylee. Last time I didn't know she left but now I've ordered her to stay. She can never leave. She can't disobey an alpha's direct order. Although she puts up a damn good fight about it.

I watch as Kenzie shovels dirt over Shay's feet and giggles about it.

"Kenzie, momma's feet disappeared." Shay says, in fake shock.

"Id not momma." Kenzie says.

"They didn't? Than where'd they go?" Shay asks, looking around.

"Ook." Kenzie says, pointing to her feet. Then wipes away the sand. Shay lets out a breath of air.

"Oh, thank god! I thought I was going to have to go without my...tickle feet." she says, suddenly tickling Kenzie with her toes making Kenzie fall to the ground, giggling. I chuckled.

God, she's amazing.

They both are.

I suddenly hear rustling in the bushes and see Brighton come out in wolf form.

'You're going to lose them.' he tells me through mind link.

'No I won't.' I say confidently. He snorts.

'Yeah, you will, Noah. She won't put up with your bullshit much longer.' he says. She has no choice in the matter. I just shake my head no. 'You think she's going to keep putting up with you flaunting that tramp in front of her or you neglecting Kenzie? Okay, so maybe she will put up with you and that tramp but not you ignoring Kenzie. She already wants your blood, Noah. One days she's going to fight those orders and reject you or just up and leave for good. Noah, man the fuck up. I never understood why you keep your distance from her. I never questioned it and I still won't but I will say get your head out of your ass. She doesn't deserve this. Neither of them do. She's not going to wait forever.' he tells me then runs off. Yeah, she will. She'll wait. I know she will, right? Right. She's not going anywhere.

But what if he is right? What if one day she decides she's had enough? What if she leaves me? I sigh heavily, going to stand up until I see him walk around the house.

"Hey Shaylee." he says. She gives him a short nod as Kenzie runs behind her legs, hiding from him. "How are you?" he asks her. She cocks an eyebrow.

"What do you want?" she asks him.

"Nothing, I just thought it was about time I met my niece." he chirps. I scoff at that. Jackass.

"What do you want? What did Noah send you here for?" she demands.

"Nothing, Noah doesn't even know I'm here." he tells her as Kenzie puts her head through Shay's legs. She looks up at him curiously. "Hi Kenzie, I'm your daddie's best friend Brighton." he says to her.

"Daddy." Kenzie huffs. Then removes herself from Shay's legs turning to sit back down to play in the sand. Shay sighs heavily.

"Hey, what did I tell you about your daddy?" Shay asks her as she squats down beside her. Kenzie shrugs her little shoulders. "I told you not to be so rough on your daddy, he's just..." she starts then stops herself. She's always offering different stuff. Always making excuses for me. I don't deserve the excuses.

"An asshole." Brighton offers. He did that because he knows I can hear them talking. Shay shots up, glaring at him.

'Keep it up.' I grunt at him.

"What is it with you people cussing in front of my daughter?!" she demands. "She's only two. She doesn't need to be hearing that crap." Shay huffs.

"Uh, sorry." Brighton mumbles.

"It's not me you should be apologizing to." she huffs. Brighton cocks an eyebrow, amused.

"You want me to apologize to a two year old?" he ask her in disbelief. Oh, he just keeps digging.

"My two year old!" she growls at him. He gulps, nodding.

"Sorry Mackenzie." he says quickly. Oh, now this is funny. Kenzie shrugs.

"What do you say Kenzie?" Shay asks her.

"It okay mither iton." she says. Shay nods.

"Good girl." she says to Kenzie then turns to Brighton. "Good boy." she says, patronizing. Brighton groans.

"I'm not a dog." he huffs. Shay cocks an eyebrow.

"Close." she says shrugging. Brighton rolls his eyes. She stands up, eyeing Brighton. "Why are you really here?" she asks him.

"I just came to say hi. Noah doesn't even know I'm here." he lies to her.

"Bullshit! What? Did your owner send you here to tell me more snide comments about what a bitch I am for taking his daughter away. Well, you tell your owner to kiss my ass. It's not like he cares, anyway. If he has something to say to me then tell him to be a man and come say it to my face or is he to big of chicken shit to do it on his own that he has to send his lackeys to do it for him?" she huffs, picking up Kenzie. What is she talking about? "Oh crap momma sorry. Kenzie. I just got myself worked up." she apologizes to Kenzie and walks away. She walks into the house, slamming the door shut.

Wow, even she apologizes to her.

'Did you have fun?' I ask him sarcastically.

'Shit Noah, you better do something.' he tells me. I just sigh, getting up. Well, there went my day.

I shift, running home. I just don't know what to do anymore.

I run inside where Joney is. I start towards my room when she stops me.

"Hey baby." she purrs. I just push her away and go into my room. We usually don't have whores but after her mate rejected her; she went nuts and is now screwing whatever male wolf comes along. We've been back and forth since Shay left me the first time. She was easy, so why not? All I had to do was pretend it was Shay and yeah.

But even that's not working anymore.

I want the real thing. I've craved her ever since that night but I stayed away.

I take a quick shower then get into bed. I didn't want to deal with anything else. I just wanted to think of Shay and Kenzie.

Shay sure is a spitfire. For being so small. She damn sure packs a punch. She left me with a black eye, a busted lip and a cracked rib that first day. She's mean when she wants to be. It's true what they say.

Watch out for the quiet ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Edited By: Callmelenaa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.