.1.

(Emily’s POV)

“So I’ll see you in half an hour okay?”

“I love you.”

“I love you too Adam.”

I put the phone down and ran upstairs to fetch my weekend bag as I heard a loud bang outside. I looked outside and I could see rain gush on the floor as I closed the window. I walked into my room and crammed everything in. I didn’t want to return back home so I made sure everything was in the bag and I grabbed my car keys, ready to tackle the rain.

It wasn’t like I was scared to drive in the rain but I had never driven in the rain before in my life. Not to mention that my driver’s license came last week and today was the first day of rain.

“Where are you going?” I heard a voice ask as I turned around. Shoot!

“Mom, I’m going to Adam’s.”

“Fine, be back by Sunday okay?” I nodded and hugged her. It’s times like this when I love her too pieces and other times, well you can find out for yourselves. I walked out of the house and into the driveway where my new car was sitting. I pressed the unlock button and placed my bag on the seat beside me and started the car.

It revved and I instantly smiled. I gripped the steering wheel and started to move the car as I fiddled with the radio stations. I didn’t bother with any of them so I switched it off and hummed to my favourite song. Survivor by Destiny’s Child. The reason why it’s my favourite song is because when I was fighting leukaemia as a young child, I listened to this song and I never gave up the battle to live.  I turned my attention to the traffic in front of me as I saw the sign, ‘New Jersey, south district, fourteen miles’. I lived in the North District and so did Adam but his parents went to visit their parents so he was staying round theirs but this weekend they let Adam stay on his own, hence why he called me round.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket as I continued to drive through this heavy rain. I decided to pull over and answer the phone.

“Hey,”

“Oh hey Adam. I was just-“

“On your way here? Listen, are you gonna be long?”

“Nope, another hour. This damn storm is so freaking annoying!” I ranted and I accidently bibbed the horn in front of me.

“Okay bye,”

“Bye,”

I switched off the phone and put on the windscreen wipers to clean the front window.  The rain seemed to be clearing up by now so I continued driving till I reached his house. He was awaiting me in the driveway and I instantly switched the ignition off and ran into his arms. His sweaty cologne made him irresistible and I couldn’t help but kiss him with all the might I had. He nuzzled me into his neck and carried me indoors, bridal style.

“How about we go out for dinner tonight? Selguino’s?” He whispered in my ear. That same tingle that I experienced when I first met him two years ago.

“The same table as our first date?”

“You know me,” he kissed my lips and picked me up once again to the spare bedroom. He placed me on the bed and lay down beside me.

“My mom chose a dress for tonight for you,”

“I hope it’s not expensive,” I said. The last time me and Adam went out for dinner, she bought me a three hundred dollar dress that I’ve only worn once. I know it’s sweet but seriously, for dinner I’d much prefer jeans and a top then a dress.

“You okay?” Adam asked me worriedly. I nodded and got off the bed, exploring the room. I loved coming to Adam’s house. I always came here to relax or get things off my chest. I mean take last summer for example. When I was being stalked by my ex best friend, I escaped here and things have gotten better.

“So talking about dinner, wanna help me make lunch? I could always order a takeout.” He kissed my lips and I returned the favour.

“Sure.” I followed him to the kitchen and started to grab two plates out.

“What shall we make?” I asked, looking in his grandma’s cook book.

“Cheese and broccoli pasta?” He looked over my shoulder and I turned the page, following the recipe.

“Grab the pasta, and I’ll get the cheese,” I instructed him.

“Or just get a readymade one instead?” He said and I gave in.  Ten minutes later, we were tucking into the lunch we never prepared.

“About tonight…” he began and shoved his fork in my plate.

“Yeah?” I looked up.

“Do we really have to go out I mean…”

“Adam! It’s our anniversary, start being a good boyfriend!” I slapped his shoulder and he moaned.

“I’ll Wikipedia it.”

“No, you’ll Adam it.”

I put my fork in his plate and ate the last two remaining bits of pasta.

“Damn!” He yelled and I chuckled. I pulled my lips to his and we ended up having a make out session.

“And tomorrow, we’re going out for your eighteenth birthday,” I smiled. “Which is a surprise,”

“You know what we can do after your eighteen?” He asked me and I nodded. He waited for me to turn eighteen so that we could make love. No other boy would wait; in fact I’d probably be raped by other boys because of my age.

Because Adam was nineteen, it made our relationship seem illegal to some people when I was seventeen and him nineteen but we never did anything wrong!

“Shit, it’s two ‘clock,” He glanced at the clock and I looked at him, confused.

He noticed my face and continued.

“Mrs Parson wants me to fix her car and she’s coming round now,” I sighed and the doorbell rang.

“Ah Mrs Parson,”

“Hey Adam, is the car done?”

“Yeah the thing is,” I saw him scratching his head.

“You didn’t fix it?” Her face dropped.

“I’ll give you till Tuesday,” and noticed sense of relief from Adam.

“Bye!”

“See you!”

The door closed and I ran into his arms.

“You really need to get going on that car,” I told him.

“It’s only Friday, and besides the deadline is on Tuesday. Plenty of time,” He kissed my lips and I embraced him.

“I love you,” I blurted out.

“And I don’t love you,” he chuckled.

“What?!” I threw a pillow on his head.

“Chill, I love you too,” he kissed me again and I smiled.

It’s times like this when I love Adam and times like this when I don’t.